• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Moves for Captain Falcon?

TheBrill

Smash Rookie
From the most important to the least important moves, which ones should I be using or utilizing during a match when playing as Captain Falcon? Or what setups are the character's most useful tools?

Douglas Jay Ganon

Smash Apprentice
Falcon Punch is all you need.

JK. I use nair and bair in neutral a lot. But the most used moves are d-throw/f-throw and uair with knee. Don't understimate dair, it's fast and lethal, and also comboes with knee if the enemies bounces in the stage.

Tilts are good, but I don't really see people using d-tilt that much. But if you hit dtilt, it sends them horizontally, perfect for some offstage magic, or even an opportunity to use the heel of humilliation (utilt).

Basically, almost every move of Falcon is really good. There's no move you should discard because of its lack of effectivity.
But remember. The hype button is the :GCB:. Just be careful, don't use more than twice the side B, and don't spam falcon kick. Use it to punish rollers, but also use your dash grab.

Levateinn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lev_Zoravkov
3DS FC
0275-7009-2978
ive been respecting dash attack on decently fast fallers a lot lately, since it rarely combos i didnt like it much early on, but you can actually use it to frame trap an uair atempt.

If they dodge, bair into grab
If it hits, footstool or...well really anything you want.

Captain Farukon

Smash Journeyman
THE KNEE , learn the dmg and DI of every character so you can Knee them into oblivion also Falcon dive has some really good range you can keep them out of balance with this when they jump at you well except sword wielders, those have priority

Fandangox

Smash Lord
The thing about Falcon is that a lot of his moves are actually pretty good, you just gotta know when to pull them out.

His Jab is very god on neutra since its a 3 frame move, if you are very close you can grab and immediately go for a grab after a single jab.

Uair is a great spacing tool, and good for combos. I'd say this is Falcon's "main" move.

Down Tilt is also a good spacing tool, and its good for some follow ups.

Falcon Kick is a very good roll punisher, falcon kick is very punishable if it fails, but you know the opponent is about to roll you can use this safely.

Stuff like Forward Smash and Raptoor Boost are good for punishing air dodges close to the ground.

Top Bottom