• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best move after hitting with the bell in the air

Tornado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEF5Tornado
I'm generally using my bell when the opponents are at higher percentages to set up for what is hopefully a kill move. My first instinct is jump and nair and get the sweet spot for the best knock-back and hopefully the KO. But I don't actually know the numbers and for example wonder if the bair hitting spot on provides more knock-back. Maybe up-air is a viable option at high percentages too since they're up in the air already and could get a kill up top. I know down air has the last hit provides decent knock-back into the air but with the tech needed to connect on them, probably not the most viable option.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
U-Air seems to cover nicely as it has good range, and in higher percentages and position close to the upper blast lines, can kill. Secured some kills with it before.

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
If you're near the top or the stage has a low ceiling, Uair. If you're near the blastzones, Nair.

Bair does the most damage out of his aerials (11%) and has decent knockback, so if you can't kill because you're too far for the blastzones, might as well try to turn around and Bair.

Hitting with a smash, however, is almost always better, so you should probably not throw the Bell in the air. Try to catch their landing, of wait for a better opportunity later in the match.

dragontamer

Smash Ace
NNID
dragontamer5788
Hitting with a smash, however, is almost always better, so you should probably not throw the Bell in the air. Try to catch their landing, of wait for a better opportunity later in the match.
As an FYI: Stutter Step FSmash is the best followup if you manage to catch them on the ground. That's definitely an advance tech people should practice.

It is: :GCR:(pause):GCR::GCA: Or....

:GCR:(pause):GCR:(pause):GCR::GCA:.

Depending on the distance of the opponent. Its basically a fox-trot followed by a Kara-canceled FSmash.

EDIT: As answered by everyone else, I tend to do UAir or Nair. But I like the idea of Pacman9's footstool into smash.

Last edited:

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
Can you footstool while they are on the stun animation?

Zage

Smash Journeyman
Picking up the Bell seems the best option, maybe you can snipe them when they're launched by the knockback of the intial throw.
The bell can't affect a person more than once unless they make contact with the ground, even charging an additional bell after they've been knocked airborne won't do anything until they're grounded again.

Regrabbing the bell and footstooling them is probably the best option, unless their percent is so high just about any hit will kill them.

Maple42

Smash Apprentice
Alternatively, you could use the time to setup a Hydrant, set a Trampoline, or simply charge Bonus Fruit again.

BSP

Smash Legend
The bell can't affect a person more than once unless they make contact with the ground, even charging an additional bell after they've been knocked airborne won't do anything until they're grounded again.

Regrabbing the bell and footstooling them is probably the best option, unless their percent is so high just about any hit will kill them.
Are you sure? I've gotten two stuns with the same bell after the opponent was out of the first's hitstun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gww9L9so2oY

Tornado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEF5Tornado
If I hit them on the ground with the bell, my options generally depend on the situation. If they are high in hit percentage, I'll run up and smash them. If I feel the situation won't get a kill, I'll do a dash A into them which will deal nice damage, knock them back, and I'll auto grab the bell at the same time for use again.

In terms of the "for use again", the knockback the dash A does send them into the air and I can just jump up and throw my bell right back at them, stun them while even higher in the air, and hopefully execute a nair or uair that kills.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
On the video you Fair-ed them after the bell hit.
This, being hit or touching the ground allows them to be stunned again. Sweet combo though, it makes picking up the bell with fair alot more viable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom