• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best HD Monitor for Project M

TokiNoYuusha

Smash Rookie
Hi Smashers,
I'd like to start with a premise:
Unfortunately my old and beloved CRT died a week ago, and where i live is near impossible to find one at a good price and without having to travel kilometers and kilometers to take one at a second hand store… So i decided to go with an HD led Monitor and an hdmi converter, possibly with a very low lag (Note that i plan to use this monitor for other things too, i have a decent Gaming/WorkStation PC but an old Slow Definition Monitor with a lot of input lag, so it isn't a total waste of money)
Can someone please tell me
what's the best monitor for Super Smash between Asus VG248QE and BenQ RL2455HM?
I heard from a lot of people that the Asus One is better in almost everything, but both here and on Smash SubReddits i only see people recommending the BenQ one… I have the money for both, so the budget and the price/quality ratio isn't a real problem (also i plan to take benefits from Amazon Prime Day) , i only want to know wich one is better overall… I'd like also to know wich HDMI Converter would you recommend me between Sewell and Neoya.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

Anything with low input lag is fine.
The other variables are what you prefer in a monitor. (aesthetics, adjust-ability etc)
if you can check some out at a store, do that. otherwise reviews are a great source.

TokiNoYuusha

Smash Rookie
Anything with low input lag is fine.
The other variables are what you prefer in a monitor. (aesthetics, adjust-ability etc)
if you can check some out at a store, do that. otherwise reviews are a great source.
Hey man, first of all, thanks for the reply.
About input lag, unfortunately where i live there are only small stores that sell random monitors so i can't check directly the two monitors.
On most forums i saw people saying that the value of lag indicated in each product description wasn't true and someone was for the BenQ one and other people were for the asus. Despite this all, i saw more people recommending the Asus One, saying that the only pros of the BenQ one were all the configuration options, and from when I born i always had Asus Monitors, so i think i'll stick with it.
Thanks!

Top Bottom