• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

best forward air in the entire game?

frootlooops

Smash Rookie
I just love her Fair. It covers a wide arc when used while descending and has improved range thanks to the floating mechanic.

Is there another character that can top hers?

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I think her fair is better then capt and dk's as she can throw it out more then once and she can still kill. She can also space it to make it safe with float and ect. Shiek has a really good fair too if you count her utility.

Ladyspiker

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6235-1432-1920
I think her fair is better then capt and dk's as she can throw it out more then once and she can still kill. She can also space it to make it safe with float and ect. Shiek has a really good fair too if you count her utility.
Yeah, I agree with this.

If you went by which one has the most powerful fair, yeah, then maybe I'd go with DK/falcon. And don't forget Zelda too, when she sweetspots she does around 20% and great knockback.

But Peach has the best of all worlds with this move, which is what makes it so useful. I never really thought of DK having an amazing fair. Isn't it pretty predictable and punishable?

Shiek/Ness fairs are annoyingly good in the right player's hands.

Piano

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4940-5477-9207
Besides her, Ness and Jigglypuff's f-air are great tools for spacing and comboing. I also like Mr. Game & Watch f-air because of its priority and how useful it is to edgeguard, but it has a lot of ending lag so it's highly punishable (sometimes you can be quicker and catch people in the jab, though). DK is good because of how easy it is to spike with it, but I wouldn't call it the best. Rosalina's f-air is really annoying and Zelda's is just too good if you learn how to sweetspot it correctly.

Last edited:

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
WFT's Fair is really good. Forwards its strong and backwards it can spike.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
A lot say how great this is so I'll save parroting and tell that it also works as an amazing counter incase you're trying to get continued with some combo set-up after being launched. Usually if I manage to DI enough close to them and they aren't shield or are in the air. Works quite reliably.

Last edited:

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
Bowser Jr's Fair is disjointed and lingers for a bit after the initial swing. It's really good to the extent that it partly defines his playstyle :)

Peach's Fair is ridiculous... fast, strong knockback, good horizontal finisher, the move's got it all.

Piano

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4940-5477-9207
Are there any other F-Air that can kill as early as Peach's? I guess we can all agree that her f-air is one of the best if not the best.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
in my mind there's no fair that really outclasses peach fair. good range, great kb/damage, fast. it's better than dk and falcon fair imo on the merits of float and the fact that it doesn't take three years to come out/end

gByron

Smash Cadet
Ike fair is also disjointed it autocancels! and has a crazy good range. It can be used for damage and killing. Its fast as well :/

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
Are there any other F-Air that can kill as early as Peach's? I guess we can all agree that her f-air is one of the best if not the best.
Greninja's kills as early as peach's. Its hard to punish on shield too. If he could float and fair his would be worlds better.

Top Bottom