• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Choice For A Doubles Partner?

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
(I figured this would be the best place for this)

My friend mains Pit, and we are planning on entering a doubles tournament together. I play as Lucas, Ivysaur and Roy, and I'm not sure which character would compliment Pit the best. With Lucas I've managed to get extra recovery off of an arrow shot, but I'm not sure he's the best choice. He also has a secondary Marth.

Which of the three (Lucas, Ivy, and Roy) would you pick as a doubles partner and why?

SazoonTheBoon

Smash Apprentice
Imo you should ask this question after the update in a few hours, because 2 of those characters recoveries are getting nerfed and recoveries are a big deal in doubles. But it depends on how your partner plays best and how you play best. If you like to go in really hard, then lucas just because he can apply more pressure. Ivy would be good if he's the aggressor and you play more passively because I think ivy functions very well as a stock tank. Also Ivy is very good at gimping with bair, so you should take that into consideration when the opponent picks their character. Roy on the other hand would be good for spacing\going in. He also has excellent kill potential with moves that combo into bair and he can also throw out random f smashes and flare blades. Overall I think it really depends on what characters compliment each others play styles. Most importantly; just wait. The update is approaching like a freight train and everything could easily be thrown out the window.

Top Bottom