• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Buy Demo Discussion - What do you think of Link in Smash 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
all the zair combos are all back still auto cancel, I believe he can still fsmash with the bombs some people at best buy have confirmed but I didn't see it myself. The boomerang has more knock back and does not have the wind animation as it travels back horizontal making it safer. In addition it send opponents in a diagonal trajectory when fired horizontally. His up b recovery is twice the distance of brawl with more knockback than brawl and the tether recovery has tripled. As for the d-tilt spike I not sure but I saw a picture of link attempting it so its most likely back
Okay but You cant triple or double post you will get banned. LOL

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I don't like what the PoTD showed off today for Link. It's just another lazy reskin. Is it too much to ask for actual costumes?
:/

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I didn't play Link, but I played Toon Link and I saw Link and Samus played by a top player, and all I can say is this.

Z-air.

Just Z-air.

If you want to win, learn how to properly use that move for chain combos.

I suggest practice understanding the mechanics of it and how to utilize it in other games as practice.

Trust me, it's what all characters with Z-airs will rely on in the future (unless the game is substantially changed).

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
@ link and ike lover link and ike lover Yeah dude, The F-smash w/bomb and Z-air w/bomb work just fine. And Stage spikes are still totally a thing (even better for Link's since B-air got a power/speed/-endlag buff)

One thing I did manage to pull of in one of the matches, close range D-tilt still has that spike hitbox, and it confirms into the meatiest F-air at low-mid % and followed it up punishing an airdodge to the ground with a lovely spin attack and finished by bouncing the gale rang off the lip of the stage for a wind gimp on mario.

Interestingly enough for D-air spikebox, Meteor moves in this game seem to bounce opponents off the ground a certain height (dunno if it's techable or not) so I got a neat double hit D-air kill from high % when the opponent bounced into the second hit.

Last edited:

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
@ link and ike lover link and ike lover Yeah dude, The F-smash w/bomb and Z-air w/bomb work just fine. And Stage spikes are still totally a thing (even better for Link's since B-air got a power/speed/-endlag buff)

One thing I did manage to pull of in one of the matches, close range D-tilt still has that spike hitbox, and it confirms into the meatiest F-air at low-mid % and followed it up punishing an airdodge to the ground with a lovely spin attack and finished by bouncing the gale rang off the lip of the stage for a wind gimp on mario.

Interestingly enough for D-air spikebox, Meteor moves in this game seem to bounce opponents off the ground a certain height (dunno if it's techable or not) so I got a neat double hit D-air kill from high % when the opponent bounced into the second hit.
Thanks bro!

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Does anyone know if you can still charge Link's up special? I remember reading somewhere else that you don't. I'm kind of confused.

rooky711

Smash Rookie
NNID
BlendedSmoothie
Does anyone know if you can still charge Link's up special? I remember reading somewhere else that you don't. I'm kind of confused.
Yes. I used Link at Best Buy, and his spin attack is chargeable on the ground.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
A dropkick combo is where you SH>Bair>FF before the second kick comes out (or just initiate the Bair late so the second kick doesn't come out). The first kick has set knockback so it sets up for a guaranteed next hit, usually Utilt since it sweeps backwards and you're usually already facing away from your opponent.

FIrst one happens around 1:45, second one happens around 1:56, showing you can perform it from the front.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
A dropkick combo is where you SH>Bair>FF before the second kick comes out (or just initiate the Bair late so the second kick doesn't come out). The first kick has set knockback so it sets up for a guaranteed next hit, usually Utilt since it sweeps backwards and you're usually already facing away from your opponent.

FIrst one happens around 1:45, second one happens around 1:56, showing you can perform it from the front.
I see. I don't play Brawl anymore, although I rememer doing it alot. PM is better, especially for Link. He better be good in Smash 4 as well lol.

Last edited:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Certainly hope so!

Still wondering if these work in Smash4. As long as first kick has the same knockback, aerials have the same landing mechanics, and Link still has a couple quick ground followups it should still work. Just hoping to know for sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom