• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beginner Discovers New Tech for G&W

Zachary Cervone

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirVown
3DS FC
4957-3162-9402
Witnessed this happy accident while messing around on For Glory. Was playing against a clearly new player to the game who was picking G&W in hopes of getting a lucky 9 and winning. What ended up happening actually blew my mind as I have never seen even top level G&W players try this (not even the legendary GimR). Essentially he fell too far on accident and was past the point where G&W could reach with a Trampoline so he randomly used Judge got a 1 and the damage that it dealt to himself made it so he could use Trampoline again and saved his life. The odds are not the greatest but there are definitely situations where this could be applied and maybe save a G&W that would have normally slowly drifted down to his doom.
(Happens at about 5 seconds in)

Edit: Debunked by GimR but still interesting tech https://twitter.com/VGBC_GimR/status/648603207523037184

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I can see it having some merit if looked into a bit more, but I don't know how much use it'd have in competitive play. Especially since you're at the mercy of RNG.

D

Deleted member

Could you imagine if this was legitimately caused by the 1 hammer and you used extreme judge? G&W would be broken as heck lol.

Folie

Smash Apprentice
yeah it would've been well known and patched out by now if you actually could. please try to recreate things like this in practice mode or something yourself before you make a post about it

Top Bottom