• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beginner combos with Captain Falcon

dingkedede

Smash Rookie
I was wondering if anybody had links to relatively beginner level captain falcon combos? I am a new player that will be going to SOA this June, which will be my first tournament ever. Also if anybody has some information as far as captain falcon play, that would be awesome. Also, yes I can z-cancel, pivot, working on running shield drops, DI, short hop, etc.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
As a reccomendation, dont spend too much time learning BnB combos, and instead learn how your moves works (How they hit, hitboxes, their strength, angle, etc). In a real match you will often hit with an attack that is not a combo starter itself, but if you know how your mvoes work together and how they chain between each other, you will easily convert that hit into a decent combo.

tl:dr learn how your moves work and improvise

M4TT

Smash Cadet
you play falcon? learn how to press A and hold up on the control stick

but seriously, felipe gave really good advice, falcon actually has a lot of ways to kill other than up air

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
you play falcon? learn how to press A and hold up on the control stick

but seriously, felipe gave really good advice, falcon actually has a lot of ways to kill other than up air
Generally anything involving fair's will easily be DI'd out of. That's not a guarantee, but just in general. Uairs are very safe as they are pretty difficult to DI out of consistently (and will put some hurt on your joystick if you try lol).

That being said, I've been incorporating nairs/weak nairs to continue combos (like the battlecowmbo) since every decent player seems to DI fair's very well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom