• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Been getting a lot of laggy matches on FG lately

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Me too i was wondering if it was just me...
Yh...its been really laggy spikey half the time...
Its almost getting to brawl level...like unplayable....
I love when it spikes when you are trying to recover

Simperheve

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Simperheve
I swear the lags been getting progressively worse, but more importantly it seems to always be in favour of my opponent. Lag for me only occurs in situations where it would be advantageous for my opponent if I were to be unable to input anything. Including but not limited to:

• Not performing the correct move and opting for a jab instead
  • Not pulling up my shield
  • Not allowing me to throw once i've grabbed my opponent
  • Not allowing me to use any dodges or perform DI
  • Stopping me from using jumps/ recovery moves (not just losing my double jump as this has happened when i'm using Kirby)

Then by the time the lag actually clears up, i'm 90%+ and a stock down and it's too late to pull it back. I'm buying an Ethernet adapter to help mitigate the problem, but i'm worried that it's not going to help at all...

Last edited:

Sunnymane

Smash Rookie
I swear the lags been getting progressively worse, but more importantly it seems to always be in favour of my opponent. Lag for me only occurs in situations where it would be advantageous for my opponent if I were to be unable to input anything. Including but not limited to:

• Not performing the correct move and opting for a jab instead
  • Not pulling up my shield
  • Not allowing me to throw once i've grabbed my opponent
  • Not allowing me to use any dodges or perform DI
  • Stopping me from using jumps/ recovery moves (not just losing my double jump as this has happened when i'm using Kirby)

Then by the time the lag actually clears up, i'm 90%+ and a stock down and it's too late to pull it back. I'm buying an Ethernet adapter to help mitigate the problem, but i'm worried that it's not going to help at all...

That's because you are dealing with someone who is intentionally lagging the game to garner an advantage over you. Send a few "spikes" to their internet will have all of your commands jumbled.. Not to mention late! People will lag the game to ensure that their moves make their mark... It's a sad place on For Glory

Machii

Smash Apprentice
That's because you are dealing with someone who is intentionally lagging the game to garner an advantage over you. Send a few "spikes" to their internet will have all of your commands jumbled.. Not to mention late! People will lag the game to ensure that their moves make their mark... It's a sad place on For Glory
Yeah that has crossed my mind a couple of times.
Honestly, I cannot play on the weekends. I assume it is either due to the player base being mostly children sharing their bandwidth with their parent's household, or some sort of server interference on Nintendo's part ( I know its peer to peer so I assume the latter is unlikely).
I only play For Glory during weekdays, preferably before 3 p.m.

Grandma Wilkins

Smash Cadet
I don't even play For Glory, I use Anther's Ladder, but I have really noticed that the lag of my matches has dramatically increased. This really only started to happen after the last patch, so I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Sunnymane

Smash Rookie
Yeah that has crossed my mind a couple of times.
Honestly, I cannot play on the weekends. I assume it is either due to the player base being mostly children sharing their bandwidth with their parent's household, or some sort of server interference on Nintendo's part ( I know its peer to peer so I assume the latter is unlikely).
I only play For Glory during weekdays, preferably before 3 p.m.
Lol playing before 3 definitely helps. One thing I like to keep in mind is that it is in fact the year 2016... They may not mean much BUT I am most certain most people have working Internet. These people, children and adults of all shapes sizes and faces, deliberately lag their games to try to gain an advantage. Where is the sportsmanship?! My new motto is "if you lag, I leave" I don't have time to be fighting against lag. I've been playing this game for 15 years.. It sucks sifting through garbage in hopes of finding a noble opponent. I literally fought some kid today in slow motion!

Top Bottom