• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beefy Smash Dudes applies to Marth?

DariusM27

Smash Ace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbC_nNAMYsU

The new beefy smash video talks about A landing. It seems that if Marth can do this, it would be with his Fair. Can anyone confirm and explain how this may apply to him, and what the best landing options for him might be?

THANKS! Go Marth.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbC_nNAMYsU

The new beefy smash video talks about A landing. It seems that if Marth can do this, it would be with his Fair. Can anyone confirm and explain how this may apply to him, and what the best landing options for him might be?

THANKS! Go Marth.
His Fair is the exact aerial he can't do this with. It has no early autocancel frames. Your best hope of doing this is with Bair, Uair, or Dair but it's almost impossible with Marth (because you only have frames 1 and 2). Marth used to have crazy good early autocancels (up until the first hitbox) but it was one of many nerfs he received in the transition to Smash 4.

With Marth you just want to Nair instead. It's his lowest landing lag aerial at 12 frames. I do this ALL the time. You have no reason to tech (unless you hit the ground before hitstun ends) so you should always just press A right before you hit the ground (so your opponent doesn't see the Nair).

Last edited:

FallenHero

Smash Ace
I am not sure if it is possible with up air or not, but it would be nice if it worked with nair, unless what Viper said means it does. Would be even better if the first hit of nair auto canceled, it would make a kill setup like tipper nair 1 while moving backwards into tipper f smash a true combo.

Last edited:

DariusM27

Smash Ace
His Fair is the exact aerial he can't do this with. It has no early autocancel frames. Your best hope of doing this is with Bair, Uair, or Dair but it's almost impossible with Marth (because you only have frames 1 and 2). Marth used to have crazy good early autocancels (up until the first hitbox) but it was one of many nerfs he received in the transition to Smash 4.

With Marth you just want to Nair instead. It's his lowest landing lag aerial at 12 frames. I do this ALL the time. You have no reason to tech (unless you hit the ground before hitstun ends) so you should always just press A right before you hit the ground (so your opponent doesn't see the Nair).
Thanks for the response :)

DariusM27

Smash Ace
I am not sure if it is possible with up air or not, but it would be nice if it worked with nair, unless what Viper said means it does. Would be even better if the first of nair auto canceled, it would make a kill setup like tipper nair 1 while moving backwards into tipper f smash a true combo.
I get that string all the time anyway. At higher percents it's basically unavoidable.

DariusM27

Smash Ace
Whether you are using airdodge to nair 1, or just jump, wait, nair1, fastfall - it's all about DI-ing away as you descend and when you land, you might even need to Run cancel Fsmash away from the opponent. If the nair1 hits and you run cancel fsmash, you have a good chance of tipping.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
Whether you are using airdodge to nair 1, or just jump, wait, nair1, fastfall - it's all about DI-ing away as you descend and when you land, you might even need to Run cancel Fsmash away from the opponent. If the nair1 hits and you run cancel fsmash, you have a good chance of tipping.
Sometimes to be safe I do jab 1 > f smash after nair 1 if I miss the tipper or just want to be safe and get my opponent to DI away from me after jab 1 which almost every single time puts them in range to get hit by a tipper f smash. For some reason my opponents always make the mistake of DIing away after jab1 at kill % making them die to a tipper f smash, or they just don't DI and the knock back was enough to put them in the perfect range for the tipper. Man I love Marth's true combos/setups into f smash.

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
I am not sure if it is possible with up air or not, but it would be nice if it worked with nair, unless what Viper said means it does. Would be even better if the first hit of nair auto canceled, it would make a kill setup like tipper nair 1 while moving backwards into tipper f smash a true combo.
Nair autocancels on frame 1 only though @Kurogane Hammer says otherwise. Uair autocancels on frames 1 and 2. Like I said, Marth can't realistically do this. No one can reliably land on those frames. The window is too small. So just use Nair because it landing lag is low enough that it's low risk.

Also you guys were talking about landing Nair 1. Another way to do it is after taking low knockback (like jab 1 from another Marth) you can hit with Nair 1 before you hit the ground.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
DariusM27 DariusM27 I know this isn't really the right place for this, but I learned a little bit from watching your Marth in that video. You have really good mix-ups, but you were being too reckless with the way you just kind of throw out shieldbreaker.

DariusM27

Smash Ace
DariusM27 DariusM27 I know this isn't really the right place for this, but I learned a little bit from watching your Marth in that video. You have really good mix-ups, but you were being too reckless with the way you just kind of throw out shieldbreaker.
You wanna see reckless, you should watch some of my other vids.

I have a friend who mains Ike, and is better than the guy in that video. My friend literally never shields against me, I've popped it too many times.

If the other person doesn't realize I'm actively being a threat to his shield at all times, I'm not doing my job.

On the other hand, sometimes I probably go too far. But in my view, a few punishes is worth that shield pressure in the opponent's mind.

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
You wanna see reckless, you should watch some of my other vids.

I have a friend who mains Ike, and is better than the guy in that video. My friend literally never shields against me, I've popped it too many times.

If the other person doesn't realize I'm actively being a threat to his shield at all times, I'm not doing my job.

On the other hand, sometimes I probably go too far. But in my view, a few punishes is worth that shield pressure in the opponent's mind.
You were going for shield breaker when their shield wasn't even damaged. Do you know how shield breaker was nerfed? It simply wasn't going to break their shield (and any good player will know this, shield it, and punish you).

Last edited:

DariusM27

Smash Ace
You were going for shield breaker when their shield wasn't even damaged. Do you know how shield breaker was nerfed? It simply wasn't going to break their shield (and any good player will know this, shield it, and punish you).
Yeah, I said I am okay with taking a punish in order to weaken their shield. I knew he wasn't going to kill me out of it. And it made him change up his strategy to be a bit less safe.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I should point out that close-up nair 1 to fsmash is a true combo.

Also yeah the a-landing window for Marth, is not impossible, but...I don't...I wouldn't.

Last edited:
Top Bottom