• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Be Careful What You Wish For

Is this awesome?

• Total voters

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Really looking forward to seeing how good an kill option this will be.

Ghetto Blush

Smash Apprentice
So how does this move work now? Is it just the sweet spot that spikes or does the sour spot have a semispike as well? The trailer seemed to imply that.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
So how does this move work now? Is it just the sweet spot that spikes or does the sour spot have a semispike as well? The trailer seemed to imply that.
According to the changelog, sweestspot now spikes instead of meteor, and that's it.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Weird...in the trailer Roy edge guards Sheik with the sourspot, which normally should just pop Sheik up.
Just rewatched the video and the Roy hit with the tip of dair which sends at that angle. Sethlon edge guards with this all the time.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
Just rewatched the video and the Roy hit with the tip of dair which sends at that angle. Sethlon edge guards with this all the time.
^ This. Roy's dair has some really weird knockback angles at different timings and blade locations of the attack. Ledgehopping a dair to edgeguard someone can be pretty useful because of that angle. Kinda like down and away from the ledge--really difficult to recover from esp. if caught after double jumping.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
The "odd" angles of the dair seem to be easier to hit now. I can't really be sure because I'm not labbing it up or anything, but it feels to me like the semispike angle is a lot more commonly hit now.

Kosyne

Smash Rookie
The "odd" angles of the dair seem to be easier to hit now. I can't really be sure because I'm not labbing it up or anything, but it feels to me like the semispike angle is a lot more commonly hit now.

Yeah, I've gotten that impression as well. Honestly, I didn't really use it much before but now I find it happening by accident.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
You know what I wish for? If I hold the uptaunt he does his ranged Sealed Sword animation from FE6. Since he puts the sword behind him in that taunt. :[ If I star KO pls.

Top Bottom