• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayo's Footsies

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
Where do you guys see her footsies game being most strongly based. From what we see in the reveal trailer, I feel like she is going to be highly based on ranged harrassment that converts into big damage combos and witch time counters. I could see Bayo players using bullet arts to pester opponents, forcing them to approach, but mixing in bullet climax to stuff those approaches. Moves like afterburner kick compliments these two moves since its another threat she has from range. It looked like maybe fair and bair autocancel but not too sure. It doesnt look like she will be one of those characters that relies on short hop autocancelable aerials for her neutral game. Its looks like sakurai wanted her normals to start slow specifically to force the player to find creative ways to open the opponent up for follow ups, which makes sense because thats how you play her source games. What do you guys think? What other moves do you see being viable in her neutral strategies?

CG✫Nova

Smash Rookie
NNID
Makashu393
I feel like it's too early to make a lot of concrete judegements, but I'd wager she'll rely quite a bit on the psychological pressure of witch time being in play. If her moves are as slow to start as Sakurai made it seem and/or her aerials don't autocancel, I doubt she'll be able to microspace aerials or tilts in close quarters like Sheik or ZSS, which doesn't leave many options outside of Bullet Climax zoning and baiting approaches/punishing w/ WT.
Hopefully her meta doesn't devolve into repetitive zoning & fishing for WT opportunities due to subpar frame data, but, again, it's waaay too early to tell.

Top Bottom