• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayonetta and Smash DI

The24thGanondorf

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1418-7666-1581
Hi all, I'm here to discuss the problem with Bayonetta's combos and Smash DI, whether it's DI away, DI down and away, DI towards you, it just doesn't seem as easy as it should be. Although I mastered her combos from the last video presentation and two combos from this video(skip to 1:13, I got DI away, but even that's hard because, although I'm using the DI away combo, I still can't get close enough to him sometimes. And the DI down and away combo is just luck), I still have trouble pulling these combos off as well as combos like this(skip to 07 seconds in) Could it be that I have to use Smash DI myself? The computers in the videos don't use it, but whenever I try the combo they do. Is anyone else having this problem with Bayonetta's combos too? Let me know if I'm doing something wrong. And also, give me some combos to try out if you know any besides the ones in the videos. Thanks for the help!

EDIT: I came up with three of my own combos. Keep in mind these combos were tested on computers set to stop in training mode and the computers were DK and KDDD. This is just for having fun with Bayonetta, they aren't meant for competitive play.

The first one is side b(hold b), jump, up b, side b, up air, djump, up b, fair(does 51% damage max, sometimes the CPU will get launched away from you when you connect the side b in the air, so you half to quickly connect your up air before they escape, then quickly double jump and then use your up b).

The second one is side b(hold b), jump, up b, side b, bair, djump, reverse side b, up b, fair( does 64% damage max. When you connect your back air, djump then wait for the CPU to start falling before using your side b or else you will go over them)

The third one can score you a KO if you do it right, just don't rush into it. The combo is forward tilt, down tilt, side b(do NOT hold b!) up tilt, jump, forward air, side b, reverse side b, up b, djump(quickly!) up b, then up air to finish your opponent off(sometimes if you do the combo quick enough you can finish it with just the second up b). Or if you want to meteor your opponent, right after you use the second witch twist, hit with fair twice then wait a second, then use dair, it's much more stylish that way!

Last edited:
Top Bottom