• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baton Rouge Stumberg Ln Smash Bros Brawl Tourney

Linkslapsyomama

Smash Apprentice
4949 Stumberg Ln. 70816 Baton Rouge LA apartment 91 ( Its a big enough place to hold a tourney so don't worry) Also i am very very very very bad with giving out directions so please use map quest or goggle maps x.x for the love of god

60/30/10 pot split cash x3

due to very high suggestion i will be hosting a low tier singles tourney as well =)

sign up's cost $5 11:00am for low tier only characters allowed are. Starts at 12:00pm noon
Yoshi
Lucas
Mario
bowser
captain falcon
Samus
Jigglypuff
Link
zelda
Ganondorf

The tourney will be held at my apartment. I have 3 tv's that can be used if you can please bring a tv of your own we will be setting up 2 outside and 5 inside if we can so things we run much smoother. =) We have 2 nintendo wii's to use so if you can bring your own wii that would be more than wonderful. As for food there is a taco bell mcdonalds and burger king right down the road and a walmart =) yes you guys can use my microwave to cook little things i don't mind at all. It will be 5 dollar entry fee. Prizes will be payed in Cash. 60/30/10 percent of the pot for 1st 2nd and 3rd. It will be single double elimination matches. I look forward to the best brawl tourney possible. My apartment is a decent size so we should be able to fit up to 35-45 people. I'm going to be using some of the same rules as Louisiana Smash. =)
Check below for the rules. =) Please be sure to look after your own equipment and remember to have fun. ( we all know that if Lee show's up he will win lol ) Now have fun and message me on facebook or here for details. Also my cell phone number is 225-328-2019 and my name is shaun please only text message me i work a whole bunch and after you text me i will call you when i can please no call's I will call you =).

Double Elimination
-3 stock; 7:00 Singles
-Ties broken by stock then percent. 1 stock rematch if even % and stock.
-Team attack on
-No items
-Ledge Grab Limit is 40 (Norfair and Japes are 45)
-Best 2/3, Winner's, Loser's, and Grand Finals are 3/5
-Bring your own controller
-Players may not intentionally manipulate a teammate’s controller while a Game is in progress.
-Advanced slob picks
-Stage striking for first pick (players may agree on a stage or random)
-Stage bans: each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs
-Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: a player/ team may not pick a stage that he won on previously in the set
-For Ganoncide and Bowsercide, it will always count as a win for the player who initiated the attack. For everyone else, the results screen is how the win will be decided. Sudden Death means the person who initiated the suicide move gets the win.
-We'll call your match at least 3 times. If you haven't show within 5, maybe 10 minutes, you lose.
-No infinites past 300%.
-Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape and Extended Dimensional Cape are banned.
-Meta Knight's Street Sharking glitch is banned.
-Marth's Infinite on Lucas and Ness is banned.
-King Dedede’s Grab Infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario are banned.
-Chibo's Video Rule, you cannot refuse to be recorded if you pay money to enter an event, is in effect.
--MikeHAZE's Disruption Rule, no yelling or making abrupt noises at your opponent, is in effect.

STAGE STRIKING:

We will use STAGE STRIKING to start the set. NOT RANDOM (unless both players agree). Basically, Player A chooses one stage from the Starter list that he doesn't want to play. Player B picks a stage he doesn't want from the remaining list. Players A & B alternate until only one stage is left. This is the stage for the first match.

ADVANCED SLOB PICKS

Game 1 is played by Stage Striking to pick a stage and then both players/teams pick their characters simultaneously.

When Game 1 is finished then starts Game 2 and the counterpick system. The winner of Game 1 bans a stage then the loser of Game 1 picks the next stage for Game 2. The winner of Game 1 then picks his/her character and then the loser of Game 1 picks his/her character. Game 2 then begins.

The process for Game 3 is the same if the match gets to it.

Stage List
------------
Starter:

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick:

Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Banned:
The rest

Linkslapsyomama

Smash Apprentice
o damn that sucks. But Lee Martin is gonna be there you're gonna miss out. Curls is also gonna be there and i sure hope Oathkeeper comes as well i would like to play him.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
The same advice I always give, if you run any additional tourneys, run the singles last because the playing in the biggest tourney is like busting a nut, everybody just wants to roll over and go to sleep afterwards. Mark me down for this one (bringing a wii setup for your extra tv) and thank you very much for hosting.

Linkslapsyomama

Smash Apprentice
thank you very very much Blaise =) and this is my first one ever so i hope it goes well I'm 100 percent open to all advice and any help you guy's are willing to give =) For now I'm just running one singles tourney if any of you have an great advice for me please feel free to text me I'm open to anything you suggest and I'll host anytime as long as you guy's hype it up =) i would like to host at least 2 a month if i can

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
thank you very very much Blaise =) and this is my first one ever so i hope it goes well I'm 100 percent open to all advice and any help you guy's are willing to give =) For now I'm just running one singles tourney if any of you have an great advice for me please feel free to text me I'm open to anything you suggest and I'll host anytime as long as you guy's hype it up =) i would like to host at least 2 a month if i can
Nothing wrong with just a plain ole singles tourney by itself, no need to tack on all the bells and whistles for your first venture if you don't want to. There'll probably be like 4 or 5 people there with previous tourney organizing experience so it should be easy to take care of any concerns that come up.

Linkslapsyomama

Smash Apprentice
due to high demand it seems i will be hosting a low tier tourney at noon x3 blaise i hope you make it for that one and i cut the price in half for the other tourney so peeps can afford to enter both x3

Linkslapsyomama

Smash Apprentice
Blaise if at all possible i need somebody to do tourney brackets are at least show me how to do it id like for you to get here as soon as you can on tourney day =) to show me the ropes possibly

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Back when I hosted tourneys I did everything with a pencil and a sheet of printer paper (lotsa fun for a 32 man double elimination tourney @_@) but these days I see them using a program on their laptops where you only have to double click on the winner's name and everything is updated. You can google it or ask one of the state's TOs where to download it. I'll enter the low tier with the plumber. I'll show up a little early assuming I don't get lost on the way there.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Edit button, learn, live, love it.

Just a helpful tip. Some people get mad when you post like 3x in a row. Especially mods. Might infract you.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
how long has this been scheduled for? i might show up.

Linkslapsyomama

Smash Apprentice
for like a week now =) i would like for all of you to show up that would be more than amazing =) Lee Martin and lafayette peep's are suppose to be coming also if this tourney is a hit :p then I'm gonna be hosting again on april 2nd =) does that sound beast mode to you guys ?

Top Bottom