• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banned Infinite?

DonQuixote

Smash Apprentice
Hey so i heard the icies infinite has been banned in tournaments is that true?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
In the official SBR Ruleset they are not banned. You must kill your opponent at 300% though to prevent stalling.

Some TO's like Xyro have them limited or banned, but the general population reguards them as fair play.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
i dont even think that the ic's have infinite grab anymore. i think they took it out in this game.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
well my friend was telling me that they took it out because the timing is off thanks to the physics engine of this game.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Your friend is only partially correct. Wobbling, the infinite grab from Melee, is gone.

However, in Brawl, the ICs have a new infinite grab revolving around one Ice Climber grabbing and throwing, and the other Ice Climber immediately grabbing and throwing. Lather, rinse, repeat. Hylian has a video on YouTube that goes through a bunch of the options. Personally, I think the infinite grabs in this game are much cooler than wobbling.

Plus, there's all sorts of new mix-ups that can be thrown in, like footstooling, ice blocks, all sorts of stuff. It's badass.

Check the above link.

Top Bottom