• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bananas as Distractions

Yaman12

Smash Rookie
Hello, I am a long time follower and now new time poster on the Smash Boards. Recently, I have picked up Diddy and have been playing and practicing with him. During a match against a Falco, I had a rather interesting idea that allowed me to win the match:

I was in the middle of a match against Falco and we were both down to 1 stock each. I was trying to throw and glide toss bananas at him, but he kept reflecting. Suddenly, an idea came to me. What if i used a banana in order to trick him into letting down his guard. So, I purposely pulled out a nanner did not try to grab it. The Falco ran up as I expected and tried to grab the nanner, letting his guard down. So, I was able to f-smash him while his back was turned for the KO.

So, I was wondering if it is a good idea to use nanners to bait opponents into running to grab the banana and attacking them while their distracted. Just wondering.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
This will never work against a good player, if only because it might have worked against them once in the past and they'll never let it happen again. Unfortunately for you, that means this won't work reliably against nearly nobody who is decent... Nice try, though. Welcome, and lurk moar ;P

Top Bottom