• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balance patch wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfect patricia

Smash Apprentice
What are buffs or nerfs you’re hoping to see in the future since it is inevitable and bound to happen.

List of mine.
•inkling roller should have the same bury time as king k rool down throw, it’s the only bury move that seems the most overtuned.
•issabelle has a rapid jab now
•rosalina backthrow now kills or buff her up air since they ruined her with nerfs
•bayonetta should get buffed but I’m not sure how since I don’t play her a lot but bayo fans are angry with her state now
•Ike’s nair now has a little more landing lag
•pichu f tilt has a slightly smaller hitbox
•Simon/richter projectiles have a small cool down between uses
•fix zelda’s Nair
•revert robin’s arc thunder
•chrom and Roy f tilt doesn’t kill as early or a longer startup
•incineroar side b doesn’t send you flying at low percents: compensation buff he has a higher recovery
What are your thoughts?

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
I hate that there's already lists this long for patches, balances and nerfs.

I am not a huge fan of the 'patch it' mentality of games nowadays. I feel like nearly everything on that list can be worked around with understanding matchups and smart play.

Gamebreaking things? Sure, patch them. But all of these things are just matchup knowledge and/or things that you find annoying about characters.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
What are buffs or nerfs you’re hoping to see in the future since it is inevitable and bound to happen.

List of mine.
•inkling roller should have the same bury time as king k rool down throw, it’s the only bury move that seems the most overtuned.
•issabelle has a rapid jab now
•rosalina backthrow now kills or buff her up air since they ruined her with nerfs
•bayonetta should get buffed but I’m not sure how since I don’t play her a lot but bayo fans are angry with her state now
•Ike’s nair now has a little more landing lag
•pichu f tilt has a slightly smaller hitbox
•Simon/richter projectiles have a small cool down between uses
•fix zelda’s Nair
•revert robin’s arc thunder
•chrom and Roy f tilt doesn’t kill as early or a longer startup
•incineroar side b doesn’t send you flying at low percents: compensation buff he has a higher recovery
What are your thoughts?
Even though we shouldn't count too much on balance patches, I mostly agree with those changes.

Inkling roller and chrom/roy ftilt were things I wanted to see changed. I'd also like for a few more of their moves (chrom especially) to have less killing power, or anything that would balance them a bit and still be fair. Apparently Ike's back air hitbox could be changed too since it doesnt aligne with the animation.

I prefer buffs over nerfs, so most of what I would add next are character buffs on the weaker ones, especially weaker moves that are hardly used right now.
I think sheik's aerials could be buffed by 1%, and maybe the hitboxes could be tweeked (like fair) to make a bit more sense. A tiny bit more kill power in a few places would be nice too, probably not too much tho.

Last edited:

Syprone

Smash Cadet
I think that buffing Incineroar and Dr. Mario’s speed can go a long way
I don’t think we should buff Bayonetta she’s in a good spot right now
There should be a larger cool down on Ness’s PK Fire

Perfect patricia

Smash Apprentice
I hate that there's already lists this long for patches, balances and nerfs.

I am not a huge fan of the 'patch it' mentality of games nowadays. I feel like nearly everything on that list can be worked around with understanding matchups and smart play.

Gamebreaking things? Sure, patch them. But all of these things are just matchup knowledge and/or things that you find annoying about characters.
I never said I found anything annoying about a character and patches are bound to happen in a competitive games and this is purely making list or predictions of what I like to see

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
I never said I found anything annoying about a character and patches are bound to happen in a competitive games and this is purely making list or predictions of what I like to see
Maybe I came off a bit harsh, or maybe I didn't quite make the point I was trying to. This wasn't supposed to be a personal attack.

Here's what I mean.

Things like the cooldown on projectiles for the Richters, reduced bury time on Inkling's Roller Bury, and a nerf to Chrom/Roy's F-Tilt shouldn't be changed. These are all aspects of characters that if you change them, you begin to change how the character plays, and that's not what you want to do.

By learning and understanding the different timings of the Richters' projectiles, you come to find that by precise aerial movement and timing, they are often sitting ducks with one ill-timed projectile.

The long bury time for Inkling's Roller is one of the appealing aspects of the move, meaning lower level players will be itching to overuse it. This can be set up as an easy bait, turning an annoyance into a beautiful mindgame.

Chrom/Roy F-Tilts are incredibly killworthy, but they teach you two very important aspects of fighting these characters - stay away from the edge by fighting for middle stage positioning, and that good D.I. is an under utilized skill.

All of these things you want patched all have in-game ways to deal with them. Rather than patching them, learning how to fight against them makes you a much stronger player, and teaches you how to adapt and think of these things on the fly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom