• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

bah all this has prolly been done before

Izzy-B.E.Z-

Smash Rookie
Is sonic even worth it to try to master for tournaments, will he even stand a chance, people who weregood with other characters really didnt stand a chance against someone using fox or falco in melee, It kind of sucks that tiers rule this game or at least they seem to, i dont know i would like to main sonic but is it worth it, I mean right nwo i am maining toon link cos i was a young link user. I really wouldnt want to main him if hewould be easily pwnt by someone using toon link, But i mean if u edgechase someone and you get good at it, maybe u stand a chance. Im just looking fo some imput and ideas, and maybe a ray of hope from a good sonic player?

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
So you're too afraid to challenge tiers regardless?

Lol lrn2applyeffort

Otherwise you'll be one of these tier whores who gets made an example out of by somebody playing bottom tier.

Spin Dashie

Smash Cadet
I think Sonic's worth it and has some really big potential hidden away. His edge guard isnt the only thing going for him. He's the fastest running character, his recovery is above average IMO, he may not have BIG kill moves, but still his forward smash and down smash can be regarded as kill moves nonetheless, and he can chase people high up with this 3rd jump for a star KO. Just remember that Brawl plays different than melee, giving the already slower characters like Bowser and DK a shot at keeping up with the higher tier characters from melee in brawl.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
So you're too afraid to challenge tiers regardless?

Lol lrn2applyeffort

Otherwise you'll be one of these tier whores who gets made an example out of by somebody playing bottom tier.
**** straight. Pikachu in Melee has netted me several victories. Thank you tail spike!

Screw the tier list. Just play smart. I've seen Bowser beat Samus.

Lyoncet

Smash Apprentice
A great Sonic can go up against a great [any other character] pretty evenly. However, a good Sonic will have a hard time against a good [any other character]. His peak performance is every bit as good as anybody else's, it just takes a ton of work to get there.

That said, Olimar and Toon Link are Sonic's worst nightmare. It is fun to own Marth N00bs with him though. :laugh:

Izzy-B.E.Z-

Smash Rookie
Not scared to apply effort just wondering if he would even stand a chance tiers always bothered me, young link wasnt high tier I am no tier ***** btw, just wondering if it would even be worth it on a tournament level.

SonicSean

Smash Rookie
I would say people who know how to play Sonic could take tournaments, mostly because what we know so far to play Sonic well is to be unpredictable. It'll be hard to counter someone who has no pattern to their style, especially when doing it at super sonic speeds.

domiNate

Smash Apprentice
You can play both you know. It's quite normal for people to have secondaries and whatnot to try and counterpick a character for their opponent's character. It's hard for me to decide between characters too, so just mess around with both and see who you do better with in the end.

J-PiPe

Smash Rookie
well, in a sense, i feel what your going through Izzy. my main in melee was ganondorf and secondaries was Shiek and Peach, and in this, i can't use them at all, i'm HORRIBLE with them. now i find myself using characters like R.O.B., (who i thought i'd NEVER use) Pit, maybe Meta Knight, King Dedede, Luigi, Olimar, Wario, Yoshi, and of course Sonic, just to find a main and secondaries, yet none of them seem to cut it for me. Best you can do though is to pick one as a main and the other or others a secondary, work on both of them; your main more obviously, and hope that it works out for you. if it doesn't cut it for tourney, at least you'll probably be better with said character than your friends. hopefully this helps alittle.

Top Bottom