• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad MUs for Lucas?

TunNel

Smash Rookie
I want to understand people's opinions of what Lucas' worst match ups are so I can
1) practice them and
2) decide on a pocket character than is strong in these MUs.

I'm taking suggestions on the second character btw xD
Thanks in advance <3

Last edited:

broliftic

Smash Cadet
From my experience, Lucas struggles a fair bit against any Marth player with rudimental spacing skill, as PKF is Lucas's main approach and Marth can walk it pretty easily.
Samus's nair can disrupt Lucas's combos pretty hard, and Lucas seriously struggles with approaching with Samus having missiles and that killer zair.
Diddy seems pretty tough but I haven't played the MU enough to know. Basically most characters with physical projectiles give Lucas headaches.

Zelda's my secondary, but she also struggles with some pressure, so I wouldn't necessarily recommend her.

TunNel

Smash Rookie
From my experience, Lucas struggles a fair bit against any Marth player with rudimental spacing skill, as PKF is Lucas's main approach and Marth can walk it pretty easily.
Samus's nair can disrupt Lucas's combos pretty hard, and Lucas seriously struggles with approaching with Samus having missiles and that killer zair.
Diddy seems pretty tough but I haven't played the MU enough to know. Basically most characters with physical projectiles give Lucas headaches.

Zelda's my secondary, but she also struggles with some pressure, so I wouldn't necessarily recommend her.
yeah I've had similar experience with Marth, his range and spacing can really mess up my game. I also agree with the ranged characters. I have the most trouble vs Link and Samus types becuase they can really force your hand and just dictate the flow of the game, keeping the combos to a minimum.
I was thinking someone like mr.g&w could be a good choice, but I'm not really sure.

Last edited:

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
The only ones I don't like so far is Mario and Spacies. Marth is definitely winnable for us.

I actually play some GnW and like using him against Mario. Because of Bucket (and being able to use Oil Panic with any amount stored up) Mario can't really Fireball camp or Approach (without being super careful) and Fair and Bair outspace Mario very effectively. On top of that it's much harder for Mario to link a kill move on GnW due to his weight and combo breaking UpB

sucram

Smash Rookie
NNID
MarLoda
The only ones I don't like so far is Mario and Spacies. Marth is definitely winnable for us.
I agree with the Mario, I'm having a super hard time approaching Marios that short hop fireball to and away from me. I don't play enough outside of my group of friends to know other match ups, we're also not the best players out there. I'm still looking for away around the fireballs, if anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them.

Btw, this is my first post since I created this account back in my Melee days, when I first started playing. Was a previously a Fox main, moving to Lucas just because I wanted to learn a new character. I'm liking the switch already.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
It's a real treat playing someone with such a huge skill/tech ceiling.

As far as playing LUCAS against Mario, I saw someone recently kick away a Fireball, realistically if you aren't powershielding Fireballs this should be a good way to deal with them if Mario's approaching (if he's camping from max distance just use Magnet) Playing against Mario is another matchup where we'll do great if we don't play into the other player's game, this means recognizing patterns sooner rather than later and avoid getting grabbed.

Top Bottom