• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Game Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Just a quick question. I am having a really rough time in For Glory today. I'm usually much better at reading, playing mind games and comboing people. But today I just can't get it going. And it's very frustrating. I want to know if this is just a regular thing. I've never made so many dumb reads in my life all in this one day. I feel like a scrub.

Her0Noi5e

Smash Cadet
You can't win everything. If you did, that would just mean you're the best of the best at this game, at which point, why are you not making money off of it?

The point is, you're going to lose, a lot. There's going to be days you feel like an absolute monster, and days you just feel like you're a wet noodle, but don't let it discourage you, because it happens to almost everyone, even pros.

sometimes you just have to take a step back, walk away, do something else, and come back later with a better mood.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
It's common to have a bad day. Take a break, perhaps save a few replays if you work that way and watch them when you're in a better mind. You'll notice what you were doing wrong and be like wow I am such a scrub, but at least now I know what I'm doing wrong!
I'm really guilty of this. I try not to let it bother me but when you start getting frustrated and discouraged it's best to go ok, putting the game down without any bad feelings instead of it just get to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom