• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Backwards transitioning?

BurgleTurd

Smash Rookie
NNID
BurgleTurd
Hey all,

I've mostly played Young Link in Melee back in the day, never considered Peach. When Sm4sh came out I chose Peach as my main because I read that some floating mechanics and her powerful Fair had some of a return from melee compared to Brawl supposedly (I rarely played Brawl). I've been maining her in Sm4sh since launch and I'm loving every minute of it. I've always been wary about trying Peach in Melee, just because of the grandeur that Melee comes with. After pondering for several months I decided I should put some of my focus into leaning Peach in Melee. Outside of normal guides that are readily available, what are some specific traits I should be aware in my transition from Sm4sh?

Pippu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaffDurtum
3DS FC
4468-1508-6788
Peach's dsmash is godlike in this game. Its your most effective tool to rack up damage rather than to punish like in sm4sh. Her main aerial moves are bair fair and nair. Uair is rarely used and dair is mainly used to punish and followup, unlike in smash4 where it's pretty essential.
Turnips have some pretty different properties and hitboxes that can be a little difficult to adjust to.
Melee Peach is the best incarnation of her. Her followups are amazing and the tricks you can pull off with her make her easily top tier.

Her wavedash is the worst

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Using Dair to edgeguard and then hitting with Nair works wonders. Turnips are much faster in this game, and help you weave in and out, because your opponent has to either get hit with the turnip or try to dodge it, either of which usually work in your favor. Turnips can also be used as powerful gimp tools! And DSmash is amazing--if someone is crouch cancelling, use it and BYE. Peach Bomber is horrendous, never use it.

Uair is rarely used as the above poster said, it's not a bad move though! There's some neat stuff you can do with it, and remember it can be a vertical finisher for lighter characters like Jiggs.

Top Bottom