• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Backthrow Mixup Vs Puff (Theory)

Giraphe

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1821-9946-0555
If your playing If you playing a Jigglypuff that chooses mix up their DI when being up thrown you can back throw for a 1/3 mix up ( three options being left DI, right DI, or no DI) If they DI behind you at mid to higher percents (about 30%-60% for puff) They will be in barely enough hit stun for you to double jump up air them.

*****Notice*****
Its just a theory
While it is possible I've Done minimal testing for this and The frame data isnt there yet so if your going to try this I'm just warning you that it may not work or it may be different if so its my fault for having inaccurate info
please if your interested look into it and find some solid evidence confirming if this works consistantly

Y-L

Smash Champion
Pretty pointless going for a mixup for a potential uair when uthrow will always lead into uair from like 0-100

Giraphe

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1821-9946-0555
Pretty pointless going for a mixup for a potential uair when uthrow will always lead into uair from like 0-100
But VS. a good puff player?
like idk like it seems like a once a set kinda thing but like if they keep on avoiding up throw - upair it may work

Pauer

The Pauerful
But VS. a good puff player?
like idk like it seems like a once a set kinda thing but like if they keep on avoiding up throw - upair it may work
What do you mean "avoid"? Hitting the upair is pretty guaranteed until high percent on all DIs as YL said (unless they DI far offstage). If they can jump or airdodge out, you're simply too slow.

The only way to avoid getting hit as puff is by smash DIing the first hit of the upair but they can do that just as well if you backthrow so I see no point.

F1SHER

scrub
Slippi.gg
FSHR#913
the point imo is that it's another thing to know and it's kinda cool. but a 1/3 DI mixup with no real reward isn't super good. I'll try it out though and maybe report back here

Top Bottom