• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baby Mario/Luigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fizzlo

Smash Rookie
I searched and didn't find a Baby Mario or Luigi Thread.
If they were in it, They would be a double character like the Ice Climbers.

I'm not that good at making movesets for characters, so someone else
can do that. :) Also, I DO NOT think that they WILL be in brawl. Maybe as an
AT though. But, I don't think they will be playable.

Jededi4h

Smash Cadet
There was a thread for this a while ago, but it was lost to time....

Anyway I put together a whole big moveset back then, since It's gone from the forums I'll repost it here

Enjoy!

Baby Bros. Moveset
I've been hoping for the Baby Bros. for a long time. I'm pretty sure Sakurai has expressed interest in creating another two person character ala the Ice Climbers. Of course they would have to play differently both from the Ice Climbers, and the individual Mario Bros.

With that in mind here's my idea for a Baby Bros. character

History: The babies first appeared in a video game in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. Baby Mario and Yoshi teamed up to save Baby Luigi from the evil Kamek. Although stuck in a supporting role in that game the babies have spread themselves to the plethora of Mario spin off games.

They finally got a starring role together when they played across from their older selves in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time.

Gameplay: If the Baby Bros. make it into Smash they are going to have to play differently then the ice climbers. To do this I would have it matter which baby was leading the pair. Depending on who was the "leader" they would take on a different stance, which would alter the effects of their moves.

This effect actually plays a big role in Partners in Time, and mastery of the switches is key to victory both there and in battle!

Baby Mario Stance:
This is the more conventional stance with the Babies walking (crawling) after each other.

B: Fireball - Both babies spit out a fireball. They both fly like Mario's fireball, doing slightly more than half it's damage.

Forward + B: Bros. Shell Bash - Baby Mario quickly hops onto a green shell, while Baby Luigi pulls out his hammer and smashes him across the board. One of the strongest attacks in the babies arsenal, it gains power by putting one brother at risk. The Shell returns if it hits something, or runs it's coarse like the boomerang. But while their using this move they are extra vulnerable to being separated.

Up + B: Chain Chomp - On the ground it pulls the babies quickly forward, stopping when it hits something to chomp down multiple times. If you miss the Chain Chomp might pull you off if the move doesn't end in time. In the air it pulls the babies up and forward a small distance. It's use as a recovery move is more due to the fact that the Chain Chomp can bite on to the edge of the level and pull the babies to it.

Down+ B: Baby Drill - This works very similar to the Mario/Luigi whirlwinds, but takes on a new importance for the babies. Once this move is preformed the babies switch position giving you control of the other brother. Baby Mario's Drill is wide and attacks downward if used in the air.

Baby Luigi Stance:
When Luigi is in control he's finally on top! For his stance he stands on the shoulders of his brother. Making them almost as tall as a normal combatant!

B: Fireball - Both babies spit out a fireball. They both travel like Luigi's, so because of the babies positions they fly out one right above the other. They do slightly more than half the damage of Luigi's fireball.

Forward + B: Bros. Cannonball - Baby Luigi curls up into a ball while Baby Mario pulls out his hammer and gives him a smash. Baby Luigi arcs upwards and then comes crashing down, similar to Yoshi's egg throw. If he lands on the ground Baby Luigi will immediately roll back to his brother, but during this time they'll both be more vulnerable.

Up + B: Chain Chomp - Baby Luigi sends his Chain Chomp upwards and forwards to chomp down on his enemies. But the same danger of being pulled off the stage exists. In the air his Chain Chomp reaches up higher than Baby Mario's, but not as far forward.

Down + B: Baby Whirlwind - Baby Luigi's Whirlwind is narrower than Mario's Drill but slightly more powerful. In addition if used in the air it is a rising attack.

Separated:

Of course the Baby Bros. wouldn't be a real duo character if they couldn't be split up. I see it happening a lot less to the babies then it does to the Ice Climbers, but it is still a serious concern.

When separated they both move like they are in Mario's stance. Luigi's moves still operate as his own (his fireball flies straight, his tornado and Chomp rises). They also lose access to their forward B moves since they are both attacks that use the other brother.

If they are separated and both still alive the CPU takes control of whoever the Non-Dominant brother was.

Final Smash
Same for both.

Babies' Wail: While not a move in any game per se, it is often how the babies get their point across to the more adult characters. I picture a pretty large area attack, that leaves it's victims deafened and stunned.

Hope you enjoyed! If anyone else out there loves the Baby Bros. your thoughts and comments are welcome!

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I think it would be cool if Baby Mario rode on Yoshi's back just like in the Yoshi's Island games. This, I think, would help Yoshi to not suck as bad.

Or the babies could run around like the ICs and use attacks from thier Partners in time game....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom