• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B-up Ledge Mindgames

Nubis

Smash Cadet
Sup
Recently i've picked up olimar, and I must say, i like him alot. I found that Olimar's ledge mindgames are great.

His B-Up attack Has GREAT range if you do it right. The enemy won't expect you to pull ur b-up out when you are horizontal to the ledge.

If they chase you when you are off the edge in the air then counter by attacking them with a fair or bair, and then quickly use your b-up. This will usually cause them to die, since u are hogging the ledge.

My favorite thing to do with Olimar is b-up stalling. Di backwards when on the ledge, then press b-up. If you repeat this enough, the enemy will chase you out of boredom. This is when you use your mindgames to gain control of the ledge.
Attack them if they chase you in the air, and grab control of the edge again. Repeat it.

Im still figuring out olimar, he is very fun.

If you guys have any ledge/b-up mindgames with olimar, then post them.
Thanks

cHiCkEN_TeNdErS

Smash Apprentice
while coming up from a ledge I normally use the u-air followed by a quick double jump hitting them with the bair (knocking them off the stage), fast fall and quickly double jump up to them while they 2nd jump back onto the stage and spike them

works great if your opponent is at low percent

chewyy

Smash Ace
Sup
My favorite thing to do with Olimar is b-up stalling. Di backwards when on the ledge, then press b-up. If you repeat this enough, the enemy will chase you out of boredom. This is when you use your mindgames to gain control of the ledge.
Attack them if they chase you in the air, and grab control of the edge again. Repeat it.
Umm, I'm pretty sure everytime you use your up-B, 1 pikmin stays on the edge until you touch the ground. Try it.

edit: actually, I think its more like you can use 6 pikmin the first time, then 5, then 4... etc.

Yakt-NJ

Smash Cadet
It's a dangerous game to play, but I saw a vid where it was used to great effect. Sometimes I find that if I ledge-drop + upB too much in succession, the Pikmin get screwed up and won't be in the right place to make the same length chain as they did last time. Anyone have more info on this?

SKEET SHADY

Smash Journeyman
Sup
Recently i've picked up olimar, and I must say, i like him alot. I found that Olimar's ledge mindgames are great.

His B-Up attack Has GREAT range if you do it right. The enemy won't expect you to pull ur b-up out when you are horizontal to the ledge.

If they chase you when you are off the edge in the air then counter by attacking them with a fair or bair, and then quickly use your b-up. This will usually cause them to die, since u are hogging the ledge.

Im still figuring out olimar, he is very fun.

If you guys have any ledge/b-up mindgames with olimar, then post them.
Thanks
I think if you up-b over and over on the ledge you lose a pikmin everytime you do it. But I do it alot too haha

Fino

Smash Master
It's a dangerous game to play, but I saw a vid where it was used to great effect. Sometimes I find that if I ledge-drop + upB too much in succession, the Pikmin get screwed up and won't be in the right place to make the same length chain as they did last time. Anyone have more info on this?
Yeah, I think the max amount of times you can b^ onto the edge is 3 times before having to touch the ground. Otherwise you wont connect. This is true for all tether recoveries.
As for the less pikmin thing, is that really true? and by that I mean has anyone tested this for sure to know that you lose 1 pikmin per tether until you reach the ground? It's highly doubtable but I suppose it could be true...

~Fino

Top Bottom