• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B-Reversed Aura Sphere preasure

Jmon101

Smash Cadet
I played a lucario that somehow jumped forward, then B-reversed an AS, which changed his momentum so he went backwards. Ive been trying to do it, but I cant make sense of it. I know Junebug uses that alot too. Can someone explain how to do this?

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
I played a lucario that somehow jumped forward, then B-reversed an AS, which changed his momentum so he went backwards. Ive been trying to do it, but I cant make sense of it. I know Junebug uses that alot too. Can someone explain how to do this?
so, did he change his momentum, or just turn around but keep going the same direction? If it's just turning around, then it's a turn-around-special, which is done by pressing the opposite direction than you're facing right before you use a special, whereas you press the opposite direction right after for a b-reverse. I hope this was helpful and easy to understand, I tend to get a little confusing sometimes

Last edited:

Mika Dagger-Fists

Smash Rookie
Hello. When you're in the air, you B-reverse by pressing the special attack button and tilting your analog stick in the direction behind you within a few frames after that.

There's a video by My Smash Corner that shows video footage of B-reversing and wavebouncing being performed on a controller. He does this mostly with ZSS but it's about the same process.

Hope this helps.

(Quick edit because I dun goof'd lol)

Last edited:

Jmon101

Smash Cadet
so, did he change his momentum, or just turn around but keep going the same direction? If it's just turning around, then it's a turn-around-special, which is done by pressing the opposite direction than you're facing right before you use a special, whereas you press the opposite direction right after for a b-reverse. I hope this was helpful and easy to understand, I tend to get a little confusing sometimes
Naw, he full on changed his momentum, to apply pressure with the ASC. Pretty nifty tech, caught me off guard.

Gemba Board

Smash Apprentice
Yeah man. Jump, press b, tap the opposite direction of where you're facing with the stick. You need to move the stick before the AS is actively charging. You can also do this to fire it if its fully charged.

Jmon101

Smash Cadet
Yeah man. Jump, press b, tap the opposite direction of where you're facing with the stick. You need to move the stick before the AS is actively charging. You can also do this to fire it if its fully charged.
Thanks dude, I finally got it. Now im working on how to apply it to my play style. How do you guys use it?

Last edited:
Top Bottom