• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

>B recovery glitch...

Fafnir

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this is covered, searched for threads pertaining to a 'recovery glitch,' so I don't think it is.

Anyway, I was scrapping it out with the AI to kill some time before dinner, and I noticed, on Delfino Cruise and Battleship Halberd(could possibly happen on other stages), that when you use Falco's >B to recover, occaisionally, he'll end up falling right through the stage, in helpless mode, to his death. This even happens if you're above the level of the stage. This seemed to happen when I hit the enemy with the recovery move only, although I may have lost track somewhere. It's happened a few times before to me on Delfino, but I just passed it off as human error. But this time, I definetly made it clear above the stage, on both the Halberd and Delfino(in the case of the Halberd, two times in one fight).

Anyway, any idea what actually causes this? I don't want to have to gimp my own recovery out of fear of SDing every time.

hurricane22491

Smash Cadet
Yeah, it's happened to me also quite a few times on Delfino Plaza, especially when I'm trying to sweetspot the edge. I believe it has something to do with the platform moving and even though it looks like you're above it, the game doesn't register it that way and counts you as basically inside the floor.

I don't know, just my guess.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
It's happened to me with both Wolf and Fox before. If I use their > B in those types of stages, I make sure I'm a character and a half above where I'm trying to land. Sucks, but it's a sure fire way for me to deal with it.

Fafnir

Smash Apprentice
Also, it only seems to happen to me when I actually hit my opponent. Perhaps it has to do with the hitlag caused when you hit with an attack...

Still, it's a pain in the *** to SD when it's no fault of your own.

BEES

Smash Lord
I've had this happen on distant planet.

It still doesn't annoy me as much as the edges on FD. Those things kill Firebirds if you have to use it below the lip of the stage.

khoasgotrice

Smash Cadet
will this mean that delfino will no longer be on the flg maps list? not like there is one right now, but just saying

Fafnir

Smash Apprentice
Thing is, this happens on any stage with a bottom that you can come up from under on. So that means Halberd, F-Zero, and others would be banned too.

I doubt it anyway, it's not enough to break your game. It just hurts your recovery a bit, you can't be as offensive.

BEES

Smash Lord
Just try to position yourself so you land in the sweetspot for the edge, or above the stage. Jump backward a bit if you have to.

Top Bottom