• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

awsome tech chase

falco-hokage

Smash Cadet
i played with Y.L 2day and i noticed that against most characters if u use Y.L's down throw u can easily tech chase them by doing a very fast&short dash dance away from them, then bak 2wards them then s-hop and rite when u pass by them while they r on the ground, use the boomerang and throw it the opposite direction than the way u r jumping, either they will roll taword u and u grab or they will roll away and get hit by the boomerang then u run and grab or they will attack in placemeaning they will get hit by the boomerang and u can open them up 4 many possibilities and the same is said if they get up in place, this can be a consecutive combo if u do the same with the bow

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
Wow that is intense, I'll have to try it out. (I imagined you screaming this at me while I took notes with a pen that has no ink left in it) scary...

Chip.

you know what to do
Tech-chasing with d-throw->run A->run A->run A=pwnage works better at high %.

Or just tech chase with your hookshot that's good too.

Metà

Smash Master
All I'm saying is that if the player has good DI, the dash attack chains won't work. On a really good player, you won't get more than 2 dash attacks in a row, if that.

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
i think thats too slow to techchase with... maybe you mean to follow their rolls when they don't tech?

although boomerang alone probably is a decent way to techchase

Chip.

you know what to do
Tech-chasing with the boomerang isn't that great unless their at high percents.

Dash attack tech chase is just a descent, normal tech-chase that you can relatively do at almost any percent.

Metà

Smash Master
One of my crew members, 1nfern0x, likes to techchase with d-throws. :laugh: In our last crew battle, I saw him get about 5 throws in a row against this Fox player, it was awesome. ^ ^

Metà

Smash Master
Sounds impressive, so does he main Young Link?
Yes, but he has switched mains a lot. I think he's giving up YL to play IC's again. I want him to use two characters, but he only ever wants to have one main. :(
Dude..... Where did the topic creator with bad grammer go?
I don't know, but I think we're having a fine discussion without him. :)

Rook

Smash Apprentice
Yea I started maining Y.Link this weekend and im already pretty beast. Ill have some vids sooner or later. Projectile game for the win!!!1!

L33teHaxor

Smash Apprentice
All I'm saying is that if the player has good DI, the dash attack chains won't work. On a really good player, you won't get more than 2 dash attacks in a row, if that.
I agree and if you miss the second dash attack the lag time can mess you up pretty badly.

Top Bottom