• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

awright, I want to get better at this game

• Thread starter Deleted member 189823
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 189823

For 2-3 years, the same person has been dominating the scene over here. And he keeps saying that none of us really get better, that we keep doing the same things over and over...and he's actually right. I want to get better this time, but I don't know how. It seems that practicing over and over again and playing people can only take you so far, if everyone else and myself are stuck in the same level, doing the same mistakes over and over again.

He also said that intelligent play marks the difference between us. Our tech skill is hardly any different, but it's the decision making that matters the most.

Help me get better, please.

misterOWAIN33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MR_FA1L
3DS FC
2294-5361-2433
For 2-3 years, the same person has been dominating the scene over here. And he keeps saying that none of us really get better, that we keep doing the same things over and over...and he's actually right. I want to get better this time, but I don't know how. It seems that practicing over and over again and playing people can only take you so far, if everyone else and myself are stuck in the same level, doing the same mistakes over and over again.

He also said that intelligent play marks the difference between us. Our tech skill is hardly any different, but it's the decision making that matters the most.

Who are your mains? I'm not exactly an expert, but I could offer a few pointers.

Anaudus

Smash Rookie
God, if it's decision making help you're looking for, then the only way to teach yourself that is experience. I don't claim to be a master or anything, but that's how I learned how to adapt to situations. Try to find real players to fight and see how they react to what you do and how the match is playing out. Reading the situation is as easy as reading who you're playing and their options. Typically people play riskier when on the end of their rope, so just don't get baited when things like that happen. And when the same situation happens to you, experiment a little and test how far your opponent is willing to go to kill you. Mind games are everything when technical skill is even.

Grass

Smash Lord

what kind of mistakes are you making?

Top Bottom