• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Awesome combo option VS FFer's

j3ly

Smash Champion
Pichus combos can be boring sometimes. His options are ok, but sometimes 3 uairs in a row is simply not the best option. Matter'o'fact, its never the best option because pichus uair is a setup move exclusively (see: 3% dmg), and following up that beautiful trajectory with the same move that deals 3%, and will be Di'd this time, is no less than a tragedy and a farse.

I bring 2 new options from a uair that make FFer's alot easier to combat. Both are executable at lower %'s.

Uair autocancels. This means you can jump 2 frames after hitting the ground, provided you hit uair as soon as pichu leaves the ground.

Uair also has strange knockback - at 0% is is 100x stronger knockback than utilt, but after a while utilt will send the opp further

Anyway:

Uair
FF
auto cancel
jump ASAP
wait
Bair at the last possible moment + l-cancel
They may or may not be in a situation where the game allows them to tech. Learn all the outcomes and what's best to punish them with. Personally i try to nair and then uair again, but its really hard to get the spacing on a nair to allow an uair followup.

I didnt manage to get any clips of this in any of my pichu friendlies, (aside from 1 or 2 ones that i may or may not include in my combo video due to quality& followup) :( :( i was too busy doing this..

utilt (if you like, it combos into uair if you are fast enough at a wide range of %'s upwards of like 5%)
Uair
FF
auto cancel
wait
Forward smash.

Im sure this is known, if you pichu players do not spam the **** out of this you are poor. If your opponent can ASDI (not that hard, just be holding the c-stick away from the attack, before and during the attack) then the final hit will not connect, making it useless. A jiggs may even rest you for it, but who is going to pick pichu vs jiggs?

I got kills of this 3 seconds into games on falcos. He jumps, i uair -> fsmash -> edgehog. The knockback on fsmash is disgusting, without good Di this can kill a falco at 0% from the middle of the stage. Throw in pichus amazingly suicidal edgeguarding, and you have yourself a dead falco. However if you have yourself a good falco, that uair is going to be hard to land - for this reason i prefer this option to my previous option of bair.

mindgames

pichus sexiest thing is probably bthrow - jolt - nair, off the stage. after you pull this off once or twice the fox/falco will expect the jolt every time they get b thrown off the edge.

They will counter with either:

shine stall (the long one)
DI + a fast illusion
upB to throw you off

unfortunately you have to guess if they will read your jolt or not, because u need to jump ASAP to hit with the bolt, and if they choose illusion, you will miss, will be in the air off stage, and opp will be on the edge.

So after pulling this gimp off once or twice, stopp jumping off the edge. They will probably read it; instead wait. waiting allows you to punish.

to punish:
1 - fall off the stage and fair. If they are still in a recoverable position, rising nair. **
2 - stand at edge, Fsmash (can it be down angled? do so if possible), dtilt, jab, down angled ftilt. All 4 will work equally well, ftilt is flashy and unreliable. jab needs to be followed up with fair -> rising nair**. fsmash may be ASDI'd so be ready to fall off the stage
3 - pish, silly space animal, fall off the stage, rising bair

dont be scared! pichu can make it back from aaaanywhere o_O

** or you could just fall off with a nair, but you risk connecting with a weak nair. go for fair -> nair

enjoy your new pichuery.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Things to note that should help you.

autocanceled upair can combo into a ground attack(or them falling lower than where they were hit) if you fast enough at these percent fox/falco works till 60% and falcon is 20%. meaning you can f=smash/grab/upair/up-smash and even side-B. If you miss you can still tech chase.

you can't angle pichu's f-smash unless your on green green edge and if you see it you will think it's broken. but the can sometimes angle his attack see corn.

Also keep in mind if you upair dair on stage quickly ff to the stage so you can beat them and maybe up-tilt to follow up or to beat their dair.

Also f-tilt is good you can angle it downwards and it beats most things and lasts fairly long and can't be teched.

Really all the up attacks **** FFers

Top Bottom