• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Awa 2009

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
AWA is next weekend and I wanted to see what smashers will be there.
Myself, Kismet, Reflex, DP and some others will be there all 3 days.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I'll be there.

Merc should be going with me too unless some **** comes up.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I went last year, was kinda fun.

Might go again, depends on financial situation, i remeber it being kinda expensive to enter.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Last AWA I went to sucked balls. One of the worst anime cons I've ever been to. That was a couple of years ago. From what I hear..its not getting much better.
If your gonna go be sure to go with friends.

Have fun guys.

On the subject of anime cons though..
Why is it that even though Atlanta is much larger than central florida, Central has a ton of terrible anime cons scattered all around. Theres a new one like every 1 or 2 months. Pretty ridiculous.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
man last time i went to awa i got tag teamed by security officers, police, and paramedics

stacked teams

Laijin

Smash Hero
oh wow. what a fail tournament.
They actually banned metaknight. lololol.

Don't go to an anime con because of a tourney. You'd be wasting your time(and maybe even money) if you did that.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Mew2King, AWA has a history of running awful tournaments and never listening to the advice of respected tournament players. They probably don't even know who you are.

By the way, AWA hasn't been fun since Aura Fox vs Mike G in the finals. Get at me.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Yeah, I gave up going to AWA for anything smash related 2 years ago. I just go there now to hang with you guys and pimp hot geeky cos player chicks >_>

...because who doesn't want some irl Jam , Taki even........... Jasmine from Aladdin in their lives?

...and i miss Aurafox. That guy is OG legend!

Top Bottom