• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Avyd Championships Announced!

$100,000 dollars, six of the greatest fighting games on the competitive circuit today including Melee and Smash 4, nine qualifier events at FGC majors and online. This just scratches the surface of the Avyd Championships, an FGC major announced today that is set to take place in Orlando, Florida. The nine qualifiers will include:

Date (2016) | Location (City, State) | Event (Name) | Qualifying Games
Mar 15-17 | Sacramento, CA | Norcal Regionals | SFV, MKX
May 27-29 | St. Charles, IL | Combo Breaker | SFV, MKX, XRD, KI, SSB4, SSBM
June 24-26 | Orlando, FL | CEO 2016 | SFV, MKX, XRD, KI, SSB4, SSBM
Aug, TBA | Online Qualifier | Avyd | MKX, KI, SSB4
Sep, TBA | Online Qualifier | Avyd | KI, SFV, XRD
Oct. 1-2 | Orlando, FL | CEOtaku | XRD
Oct. 7-9 | Detroit, MI | The Big House | SSB4, SSBM
Oct. 14-16 | TBA, CA | Socal Regionals | SFV, MKX, XRD, KI, SSB4, SSBM
Nov, TBA | Online Qualifier | Avyd | SFV, MKX, XRD, KI, SSB4

"Each event’s Champion will secure a qualification spot in our closed Top 8 bracket at our Winter Championships. On top of that, we will provide each Champion with a free lodging and a VIP weekend pass." Avyd said in their official announcement. "We will also host multiple online qualifiers giving competitors a final chance to secure a qualification spot into our Top 8 bracket. A total of six out of the eight spots will be filled by this Qualification Tour. The final two will be determined at the event itself." To get more information on the event check out the official announcement or follow Avyd on Twitter. Excited for this epic event? Sound off in the comments below and stay tuned to Smashboards for future coverage!

Comments

So essentially this is like an MLG Championship series? I dig it. One of these qualifiers is near my area, so I may think about going.

Closest location is an eight and a half hour drive away, assuming there's very little traffic. I can see they care a lot about East Coast...

Last edited:
Top Bottom