• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Avalon IX: Winter Has Come To The Netherlands (Smash Europe Recap)

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Avalon IX was an exciting tournament that took place in the Netherlands just last weekend. Many notable Dutch players were in attendance such as Amash, Remen, Jeapie, and Mr-R among many others. International talent was abundant as well with names like Ice, Blaze, and Reaper from Germany, Professor Pro from the UK, and even Nintendude all the way from the United states. With such excellent names in attendance it is not surprising that many exciting games were played in both Melee and Smash for Wii U.

S1-14 and PikaForLife (right) playing against Skippo and Azeez

European Smash hub Smash Europe wrote an excellent recap of the event that includes interviews with several players. Any fans of Smash interested in learning more about the European scene should most definitely check out the article which can be found here. Be sure to give it a read and learn a bit more about a recent top Smash event in Europe!

SmashCapps loves keeping an eye on Smash outside the United States and always sees excellent events happening in Europe when he can. To keep up with him and everything Smash follow him on Twitter.

Last edited:
NNID
MasterIcarus7
Sadly, I know this post will be skipped over by many who don't care about European smash, although it is a major part of the community. As far as I know, Smash is more dominant in Europe than mortal kombat or anime fighters. It saddens me to know that people just don't care about the land across the atlantic.

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
Well, I'm surprised Nintendude came all that way for sure.

Last edited:

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
Am I the only one who thinks tnat there are more European smashers than Americans?

The Radiant Warrior

Smash Rookie
NNID
RikSavelkouls
I live in the Netherlands, but I missed this event. That really sucks, because I am trying to get into competitive Sm4sh.

Top Bottom