• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Auto-tether from edge

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
I don't have a video because I'm a moron, and I haven't been able to replicate this, but I need to know if anyone else has ever pulled it off.

Story time:
I played some friendlies before a tournament just yesterday, and decided to test my Lucas vs Sonic matchup. While playing keep-away with Rope Snake near the ledge, Rope Snake just sort of flopped and immediately grabbed ledge. The closest thing I can compare it to is ZSS's tether tricks.

I don't believe I input anything out of the usual zair, and I went back and tried it a little later to no avail. No matter how close to the ground I zair'd, I never got the same result. There must be some kind of additional input I didn't know I was doing. I'll be spending some more time in the lab tomorrow to see if I can replicate it and record the footage, but until then, just putting this out there, because if it can be done with any form of consistency, it's all but a guaranteed ledge trump into bair spike.

As with most things, I'm fairly certain I didn't discover this tech, but since there's not a thread on it, I just had to ask.

The Elephant

Smash Rookie
NNID
The_Elephant
I can confirm I also had his strange occurrence. Did he pop back kinda awkwardly? Like the animation was just strange? I did while on the actual stage and also have not been able to replicate it

MrWhYYZ

Smash Journeyman
That's a RAR Z-air.Short-hop back and press Z-air ASAP and Lucas should be grabbing the ledge with his tether.
This is extremely useful because B-air is 100% guaranteed after a tether trump.

Top Bottom