• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Auto-sweetspot with pichu

j3ly

Smash Champion
I am going to make a video of this. Basically, uhmm... ok i need to do bullet points to explain this because its all messed up in my head. Vids comming soon, i have tons of pichu footage. PS if anybody wants i could upload a few pichu friendlies..

When you upB against a wall, angled into the wall, the distance is shortened massively.

So lets say you are off stage, and use the first part of upB to hug FoD's wall.

You have to get used to the distance of the 2nd part of upB.

When you know the distance, use upB to get to the part of the wall just below the edge.

Now do the 2nd part of upB upwards and angled towards the wall slightly.

Congratulations, you just sweetspotted the edge.

Limitations:
you will almost certainly SD 70% of the time.. this technique is broken and doesn't seem to function the same way every time.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
What's also cool about riding the wall is it is easier to tech any thing they throw out and it's just like fox's option sometimes he can not ride the wall and get there a little faster or ride the wall and be a little later to mess up their timeing a little.

I love pichu's options.

But feel free to upload friendlies i'll give you advice.

j3ly

Smash Champion
but.. it gets you killed more often that not. why? do you understand? sometimes i get the first part of upB perfect, but pichu zaps just below the sweetspot and falls to his doom. i think it has something to do with the gradient of the wall VS the angle of pichus upB

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Your talking about when you up-B and ride the wall right and it shorten the up-B right? Becuase that's what i'm talking about.

j3ly

Smash Champion
yeah thats what im talking about. Dont worry about explainning it though man, im cutting clips for my pichu video and i am making a separate project for everything edge and upB related - flubs included, so ill work it out myself (i know i just asked you to explain it to me, lol, never mind)

i am going to upload a random pichu fox match in about 10 mins will edit post

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
horray. I like fighting some foxes.

would you want me to give you all the up-B stuff that is important? like since you haven't posted we have gigured out 2 ways for pichu to go up twice of upper right/left twice. and other stuff

j3ly

Smash Champion
fuzzyness told me how to do that a good 6 months ago. so far i havent been in a situation where its necessary /gloat BC MY DI IS AMAZING /gloat, i either die off the top corner or miss the upB so ill spare myself trying to read what you type ^^ upload cancelled opps hold up finished in 10 mins

however tips on accuracy of upB?

i dont think that there are any tips, other than be better :(
also upB cancel, i want that in my next pichu combo video definatly.

the upcomming video isnt very good btw, i cant remeber who wins but there are a shed load of mistakes due to.. various external influences haha. some good stuff but overall its not one of the good ones, ill upload more 2mo maybe

but anyway yeah advise on mistakes and **** would be nice. im thinking of playing pichu exclusively for a couple weeks so it can be ****.

j3ly

Smash Champion
FFS upload failed due to an unknown reason again!

either way its 8 o clock on saturday, time to get silly, later smashboards

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Well maybe it's your format. tips on aiming.

well pichu is the hardest in the game to sweetspot with because his sweetspot is the size of his head but the best tip is to know how long your up-B is and you shouldn't sweetspot as much as anyone else in the game he has no lag when landing and you have countless options like if falcon trys to knee you be sure to fair to beat it and also press B to get them out of the way for when you land.

If you use side-B always smash it don't tuilt it makes it one pichu longer and makes it charge faster.

j3ly

Smash Champion
if you can awnser this question that'll be helpful

when u ride a wall the length of upB is shortened. Does this fluctuate? ie different lengths or just 2? Maybe smashing the stick when riding a wall does something useful towards sweetspotting

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I think it's techically just as long but the speed is transfered to the part that isn't shortened. like when you ride a wall partly you will see how it looks a little faster at the end part.

Hey i'm about to put my hype video on youtube i'll like it I hope.

Top Bottom