• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Auto cancel bair with x button

Dakarun

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have advice in auto cancelling bair with the x button? Because of how the gc controller is set up, I can only do it kicking left. I can sometimes do it to the right, but it takes too much time from when my thumb leaves the x button to the c stick.

Any advice on doing this with the x button? Making the switch to the y button is something I would personally not do.

Frenzy231199

Smash Cadet
Personally I jump with X and I do AC B-Air left with the C-Stick and AC B-Air right with the A button, I find it hard to combo with the one going right though at the moment.

Last edited:

LanAl

Smash Rookie
I strongly suggest to just use A + tilt towards the right in order to do it, its just easier and comfortable on the hands. It takes time to master.

Last edited:

TeeJay308

Smash Cadet
I was in a similar position as yourself only a few weeks ago. It really all comes down to practicing it over and over again until you can do it effortlessly. I rarely miss my AC BAirs with C-Stick anymore at this point, whereas about 2 months ago I couldn't do AC BAir on either side.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
Just practice it. It's really easy to know if you got it if you grind it OoS. The difference in how quickly your shield comes up is super obvious.

Dakarun

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the suggestions! I've gotten better at it since my first post, but I still need more practice for consistency.

LanAl

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the suggestions! I've gotten better at it since my first post, but I still need more practice for consistency.
You'll master it in no time! =P

Last edited:

dope.

Smash Rookie
it's definitely easier (both in practice and on your hands) to go from x/y to a. getting used to the timings is a little rough especially if you want good aerial drift, but it's worth it in the end.

tauKhan

Smash Lord
Most aerials have auto cancel windows at the start and near the end of the move. If you land during such window, you land regularly (4 frames of lag) instead of going into the specific aerial landing animation, that is longer even when l-cancelled. Note that l-cancelling is applied to the aerial landing animation, so you can't and don't need to l-cancel when landing during auto cancel window.

LanAl

Smash Rookie
Can someone define what auto cancelling is?
Auto cancelling is exactly what it sounds like, you basically do a move that ends before you land and you land like normal.

Common examples are Falco's instant B-Air and most of Sheik's aerials.

Last edited:

tauKhan

Smash Lord
Auto cancelling is exactly what it sounds like, you basically do a move that ends before you land and you land like normal.
No, that's just landing normally after a move. Auto cancelling happens when you land during a move and get regular landing animation.

Top Bottom