• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Austin, TX Smash 64 Weekly

Z-Rex

Smash Cadet
UPDATE: After a brief break for Thanksgiving and my birthday, we're doing our third event at my place this Saturday. The bracket will be run via supersmashbros64.com, which I will link to here on the day of. If you come, bring $5 to compete in the tourney!

ALSO, if you have any experience running/advertising/organizing/streaming console tournaments and can offer advice, we're all ears. This is still a very amateur operation. Right now we're considering weekly informal smashfests with a single monthly tournament to focus our efforts and hopefully get a pot big enough to attract players from the rest of the state.

Hi all,

After a fruitless search for a local 64 scene, some friends and I decided to start our own weekly. The first event is this Saturday at my house. It will be less of a tournament than a meetup to gauge interest and get to know each other. That said, we'd love to get a bracket going if enough people show. So far we have ~10 confirmed attendees.

Eventually we want to steam/youtube a formal weekly tournament (with buy in and prize money) and perhaps even find a more formal venue, but for now it's just a few CRTs and cases of beer in my living room. Sound cool? Here are the details:

WHAT: Smash Bros 64 (BYOC)

WHEN: Saturday November 15, 2-4pm

WHERE: East Central Austin (address will be sent when you RSVP here: goo.gl/Khtx39)

HOW: Can you help? PM me if you can contribute equipment, snacks, logistical support, etc.

If you have any questions or comments, don't hold back. Hope to see you there!

Last edited:

Z-Rex

Smash Cadet
htps://ww.facebook.com/groups/476448669077840/

Tacos is in Brownsville which isnt close. Try posting here, you may get a few guys, but a lot of people are pretty busy
Thanks, I wouldn't have thought to check fb. My join request is pending.

I know this is short notice for most people but I only recently discovered the greater online community. Before that it was just dorm all stars on console. Glad to see the scene's come up.

Last edited:

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
My guitarist lives in Austin and I may be there sooner or later to record with him, so basically what I'm saying is if you keep this thing going for a while you might get a visitor from Georgia sooner or later

Studstill

Smash Ace
So yeah is it going down? I`m sure textbased highlights will work in lieu of stream!

Z-Rex

Smash Cadet
So yeah is it going down? I`m sure textbased highlights will work in lieu of stream!
Not a bad idea! My twitter handle is @20NESSNESS so I'll update there. There's about 12 people here total, 8 players in the bracket, single elimination.

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
You should definitely try to keep it going throughout December. I will be in Austin some time before the end of the year and I wanna play!

Z-Rex

Smash Cadet
We're doing it again this weekend! If you're in Austin and want to smash this afternoon, PM me! $5 buy-in, top 3 get cash prize :)

Nihil Del Terra

Smash Rookie
This still going on? I may come and get my ass handed to me.

Edit: Whoa swears get censored. That's interesting.

Last edited:

Bassic

Smash Apprentice
Damn if I lived anywhere near Texas I would be so down for a couple brews and a smash 64 tourney.

Z-Rex

Smash Cadet
Yeah we told people to start showing up at 2. If you can make it after work you should still stop by. The last few have gone pretty late. It's obvious we're all pretty hungry for decent competition lol

Top Bottom