• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Canceling Recovery

Moli

Smash Cadet
So as i play more and more with lucario i figure out lots of cool little combos and tricks with his AC system. I thought I was able to fully understand it but I also find things I can do but can't repeat due to hyper young people energy, aka HYPE. So how does his AC really work? My example of what i want to figure out is how to up B to a down b to an up b then to a down b again? Ive seen other lucarios do it but i cant tell if it's cuz they just do a normal cancel when they do the down b and it resets their up b letting them do another up b or if hitting someone resets your ability to do another up be or down b. Sfo please any explanation on how it fully works will be beneficial! :)

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
Woahkay, so for starters, you're asking about Extreme Speed Cancel, correct? I'm going to go off that for the time being.

Extreme Speed is interesting in that, if started from the ground, you can Extreme Speed Cancel and then immediately use the move again, however in the air, you cannot ESC>ES. You can however ESC and then connect with an aerial to On-Hit-Cancel into ES, which is probably one of the tricks you've seen before. Additionally, and I am not 100% certain and in no position to test it at present, I believe using ESC will reset Double Team, even if you used it before using ES (normally, only one aerial DT can be used, unless OHC'd). If so, from the ground, you could potentially ESC>DT>ESC>DT. I'm not sure why you would do that specifically, but ya could.

You might also find this useful.

Top Bottom