• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attack-Sticking?

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
im a ZSS mainer and i have seen someone use attack for their c-stick so the tilts come out quicker...i was wondering if i should start doing this or if this isnt a very good technique and i should just stay with smash c-sticks...can anybody help me plz?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
im a ZSS mainer and i have seen someone use attack for their c-stick so the tilts come out quicker...i was wondering if i should start doing this or if this isnt a very good technique and i should just stay with smash c-sticks...can anybody help me plz?
I use C-stick almost exclusively for attacking, so I wouldn't do this. I also don't like A-sticking because it's really finnicky and glitchy.

Whatever floats your boat is what you should go with.

Charby

Smash Journeyman
C-Stilck is better for aerial, with you can't jump by trying make an AUA, usefull for Hipien Smash too

TRAMD

Smash Cadet
I tried this for a while with several different characters and found some good and some bad:

The good:
1. Very quick tilts - this along with the overall increased speed and priority of tilts over smashes meant that I hit before I was hit often.
2. By pressing the c-stick in a diagonal direction in air you could easily perform a Nair even while pressing a direction on the control stick.

The bad:
1. Some characters (like Ness, Marth, DK) have great spammable Dtilts that can put the kabosh on ground approaches but with attack c-stick on when I tried to do repeated down tilts my character would sometimes do a small hop straight up (yep, while pressing DOWN on the c-stick they would hop UP) and with maybe or maybe not an attack.
2. Sometimes if a character is behind me I would use a side smash with the c-stick to quickly turn and attack them. With c-stick set to attack pressing in a direction behind you ends up performing your standard A attack IN-FRONT of you so you are left attacking the air while your opponent is free to abuse you in any way they want.

Overall, I felt that these good and bad things about balanced each other out and that I could work through the bad. I tried this config for a while but went back to smash c-stick because I found that I just wasn't doing as well. I might have slower tilts, smashes when I want tilts sometimes and Fair when I want Nair sometimes but when something undesirable happens it is because of me and not some stupid, frustrating glitch . . . and you can't forget about fast smashes.

Top Bottom