• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ather's Ladder: Great for Tourney Training in Moderation

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
Hello again, fellow Trainers! I just wanted to pop in and put a good word in for Anther's Ladder. If you want to get some solid matches in a mock tournament-style setting, it's a great supplement to your regular forms of training. It has a dedicated matchmaking, messaging, reporting and ranking system, making it superior to standard For Glory.

However, as of the last few months it has grown in popularity to the point that former For Glory users (the ones we tell horror stories about) have seeped in. This is the reason why I have made this thread in the WFT forums instead of Online: we are not exactly looked upon as favorable people to fight against.

Recently, I had decided to play a best of 3 match with a user. It started out decently; we exchanged NNID s and some jokes, then started playing. His Captain Falcon lost to my WFT after getting dropdown Dair'd. This is where the insults began.

He launched a barrage of curses and insults, ranging from mild to to threatening and extremely racist. I was able to immediately dispute the match as my win, though, because Anther's has active moderation and preserves your match's chat as evidence.

TLDR: Use Anther's instead of For Glory because I'd like to see more skilled Trainers after our good showing at Evo. Oh, and the player's salt was hilarious; PM me if you want to see the johns.

Last edited:

SuaveChaser

Smash Journeyman
I play smashladder when i'm really feeling good lol. It has been good for me i need to do more ranked i heard since has gotten more popular it has gotten a bit more toxic.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
The main advantage over for glory when it comes to jerks getting salty is that you can easily ignore/block/report them, with live moderation. Only one person out of all of my opponents has made it necessary to use those tools though.

You can tell that people dislike losing to WFT. All I get afterwards is the fastest "gg" and then they speed off from the chat, lol.

Fadacious

Smash Rookie
I'd like to, but what I'm more afraid of is my abysmal connection.

That and how I can't get on the TV to play on Wii U. Is 3DS non existent on it?

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to, but what I'm more afraid of is my abysmal connection.

That and how I can't get on the TV to play on Wii U. Is 3DS non existent on it?
They support any smash game, netplay and 3ds included.

Top Bottom