• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At What Point is Falcon Retro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ursaguy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5472-7859-2409
I'm sure everybody on this subforum loves F-Zero, but facts need to be faced. Smash is the only thing that Falcon has appeared in this decade. My question is if it's possible for Falcon to get "retro" status if F-Zero remained static.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
He'll be considered retro a few years after Buck Bumble and the original cast of Pilot Wings are.

Also, there's Nintendo Land for Falcon himself, and Mario Kart Wii for the Blue Falcon, but F-Zero hasn't had a release in ten years.

Life_After_Death

Smash Rookie
If Nintendo does not make a new F-Zero by the time Smash 5 is out, then sadly Falcon will be considered a retro character.

Nonrefutal

Smash Rookie
Damn, I never thought about that. It would be awesome if Nintendo made another F-zero game in the near future.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Damn, I never thought about that. It would be awesome if Nintendo made another F-zero game in the near future.
I think they're holding out until Mario Kart 8 isn't super-relevant. By that, I mean people are playing it, but not discussing it to death like during release or like how we're doing with SSB4. Even though F-Zero and Mario Kart are different games, Nintendo probably doesn't want 2 racers competing against each other. Plus, using SSB4 to remind us of the Capt. and have others bow to his glory will be beneficial for a future F-Zero.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
For Nintendo to not make an F-Zero game on the HD Wii U console this generation would be a terribly lost opportunity to really showcase the console's awesomeness... And the console is really good as is.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
For Nintendo to not make an F-Zero game on the HD Wii U console this generation would be a terribly lost opportunity to really showcase the console's awesomeness... And the console is really good as is.
F-Zero will the launch title of the Wii U2! :p

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Captain Falcon as DLC character for The Wonderful 101.

Well now I want that.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
They should've made F-Zero first before Mario Kart. That would've made people buy it more but that's me

As of right now, he's slowly transforming into a classic character. If there's no game by 5mash, then he is for sure a retro

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
They should've made F-Zero first before Mario Kart. That would've made people buy it more but that's me

As of right now, he's slowly transforming into a classic character. If there's no game by 5mash, then he is for sure a retro
Sakurai said it himself, Captain's freeloading off of smash. Although I would like to point out that the blue falcon appearing in Mario kart makes me optimistic that Nintendo hasn't forgotten about our dear captain.

Foughen

Banned via Warnings
When nobody cares about him and he no longer gets any games made.

so....now?

Zol

Smash Apprentice
When nobody cares about him and he no longer gets any games made.

so....now?
nobody cares about CF, thats why he's one of the most talked about characters and people **** talk miyamoto for avoiding f-zero like airborne cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom