• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[AT] Catching your own down-thrown bombs...

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
It really weirds me out that this is even possible, but I do it on accident all the time: I throw a bomb down from high in the air, and I can fall faster than that bomb. I often catch the bomb while trying to do a nair. This has come in handy a few times and I reach the ground and have a bomb in hand. Obviously, I could have just carried the bomb down, but it provides air coverage and lets me do an aerial. There has to be more applications to this. At the very least, it serves as a decent mind game.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I actually discovered this myself as well and I meant to make a thread earlier lol. I did it plenty of times by accident. It's pretty similar to how Link could double agt in PM, only without agt. You could fastfall to catch Link's bomb in PM and Brawl as well, but it's apparently less risky and is way easier to perform in Sm4sh. Mindgames could be it's main use, but don't forget about toss cancel. FF Dthrow bomb>Dair catch>toss cancel maybe? I dunno.

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Can I use other aireals than fair?Or do you not fall fast enough?I feel this is easier with a c-stick...

ConCeal12

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mimic19
I dont see it becoming any more but mind games for use. Unless I have double jump i usually prefer to slow drop my bombs instead. Can't really do that on 3ds though

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Haven't tested this, but it's probably possible on a real opponent:
Aerial Bomb throw - fair (catch bomb)>toss cancel> usmash
And the crowd goes wild...:estatic:

Top Bottom