• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ASU Gaming Club Presents: A Melee and Brawl Tournament, January 24th, 2009, Boone NC

Sengin

Smash Ace
Hey everyone, just letting everyone out there know of a large smash tournament (melee and brawl) that's going on in January (the 24th). It'll take place in Boone, North Carolina.

You can look at the thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=207402

I can answer any questions either in this thread (to keep in from succumbing to the bowels of this sub-forums and letting others take its place) or the one linked to in this post.

Hope to see you all there!

Sengin

Smash Ace
You should change the title to the same title you have in the Atlantic South thread.
HAPPY? You sure are picky. Anyway, changed the title of the thread to better reflect location/time/etc.

Questions? Comments? Are you coming? Post here, please.

Icemn

Smash Rookie
Is it goin to be team n one on ones cuz ill try to make it

"Dark Hart" this is Alex ^_^

Sengin

Smash Ace
Is it goin to be team n one on ones cuz ill try to make it
Uhhh...I will try to respond to the question I think you are asking: There will be melee singles (1v1) and brawl singles. If we have time, we will definitely do teams, but there won't be any cash prizes (this time). The reason there is only 2 cash tournaments this time is because of the money situation, we only have enough to do 2 sets of prizes. The reason is because the venue we are renting for the day requires everything to be paid up front (i.e. the renting fee) and to have all the prizes listed beforehand. It's a little bit ********, but, and here's the kicker:

If this tournament is a hit, there will be another in April, which will have gotten the funds from this tournament, and we will be able to have more cash tournaments.

So tell your friends, and come.

Sengin

Smash Ace
My thanks, and a better tournament.

Also, check the thread for updates, the pricing info has now been posted.

Sengin

Smash Ace
New information about pricing and other things posted. It's going to be a pot-style tournament, 60/30/10. $5 venue fee, $5 melee entry fee, $5 brawl entry fee.

Top Bottom