• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request Assigning different button inputs

slowbruh

Smash Cadet
hey

I was wandering if there was a code to change what a button’s function is for example map A to F tilt/F air and i hope it is a easy code if not then if someone wants to do it for me is to map:
A: forward A
B: downward A
X: forward smash
Y: up A
C stick: specials

Thanks in advance

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Surely a traditional 2D fighter would use light and heavy versions of moves, though? Like maybe:

A: forward
B: downward
Y: upward
X: jab

Basic button press = Tilt
QCF + button = Smash (X Smash = Dash attack maybe?)
HCF + button = Special (X special = Neutral)
L, R or Z + button = Grab and immediately throw in that direction, where X is backwards.

I'm probably overcomplicating everything, mind.

slowbruh

Smash Cadet
You kinda are but i made a full thread about it if you want to post idea’s (and maybe help me make the mod): https://smashboards.com/threads/melee-the-2d-fighting-game-idea-pitch.449454/
Surely a traditional 2D fighter would use light and heavy versions of moves, though? Like maybe:

A: forward
B: downward
Y: upward
X: jab

Basic button press = Tilt
QCF + button = Smash (X Smash = Dash attack maybe?)
HCF + button = Special (X special = Neutral)
L, R or Z + button = Grab and immediately throw in that direction, where X is backwards.

I'm probably overcomplicating everything, mind.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
My mod skill is pretty minimal but I'm happy to give suggestions. At least, in so far as I can. I'm not a tech-heavy guy so I can't even comprehend the motion required for the 623s on your movesets to determine whether moves make sense with it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom