• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Asking for help regarding AIM

CanadaKid91

Smash Apprentice
Hey there

I was just wondering if I need to install AIM to help make my Brawl online experience better.

I have used the SWF Friend Finder and sometimes find the need to chat.

Is there a way to chat (AIM or not) without installing anything?

Also, what is the best way for me to get into a competitive Brawl game?

Any replies are greatly appreciated

EDIT: sorry for all the new guy questions

GraveNeedle

Smash Cadet
New York. I really need to train. ;_; AIM: Toonika
No need to apologize. It's always better to ask then guess.

AIM is a great form of communication for the Friend Finder, but at the same time, it isn't necessary. If you don't mind downloading it, I would still do it, though. It never hurts to have an easy way to tell your opponents how lucky that shot was (I've done that before...). The only other logical method I can think of would be to use Smashboard's own PMing. It's definitely slower, so take that into account, but you don't have to mess around with AIM, either.

Another thing I thought of, if you need to chat with them, but don't want to install anything, you could always find an IIRC chatroom to go to. Again, a bit more frustrating then just using AIM, but if you can't download anything, it's worth a shot.

As for your other question, what do you mean? You want to start to play Brawl competitively? Or are you just looking for a tough opponent? Former, all you got to do is look around Smashboards. Learn all the little tricks that are in the game, then go to your favorite character's forum, and read up on everything, and practice it. Then watch Youtube videos of other people playing them, and incorporate anything you find in them that you like into your own game. If you mean the latter, just use SWF's Friend Finder. It's an easy-to-understand interface, but if your still confused, there's a stickied guide about how to use it.

Hope I helped. ^^;

Hehe...oops. I forgot you said that you've already used the Friend Finder. :laugh: Oh well. So you want to get into competitive Brawl?

Viewtiful-FX

Smash Apprentice
You don't really NEED to install AIM to use AIM. There's always AIM Express. It requires no installation, and I think it runs off your browser.

I'm not sure of Yahoo or Windows Messanger have anything similar, though.

klebian

Smash Rookie
aim express is pretty gross, unless it's gotten better since i last used it
use meebo.com for instant messaging without downloading anything

Top Bottom