• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask Ice Climbers about Ice Climbers

Binx

Smash Master
Hey guys, I see a lot of random discussion going on in other threads, I figure we need a thread where you can ask simple questions without making an entirely new topic as well as a place people can share ideas, so I present to you a remake of the original IC boards "Ask Ice Climbers about Ice Climbers"

So I guess I'll ask the first question, I get ants in the summer, should I hit them with a forward smash or an ice block?

Seriously though has anyone found a good way to get around Toon Link's projectile spam? shd arrows and boomerangs just give me so much grief...

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
So Nana, how long have you guys known each other?

Against TL, counterpick a good stage. Battlefield is pretty good for anti-projectile.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yes, I have a question, first of all I need to state some facts for this matter.
1. I abuse squall.

Alright, now time for the question, why do people complain so much about me abusing squall? They say oh the Ice Climbers can do soo much more, yeah I know this and do it. But the fact of the matter is I desynch and go to town on them with squall. Then, they have alot of damage and I smash them off. But i don't see why people. other IC players especially, complain about this. It works. So why would i need to change it?

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
If it works, and you are winning, you don't need to change it. People might respect you less, but that's the cost of winning. However, once you start playing good players, you may find that you need to start doing something else. ;)

Binx

Smash Master
Squall seems pretty easy to punish to me, and if they aren't good enough to punish then it probably seems pretty cheap to others, so the reason people complain is 2 fold, 1) they want noobs to stop using it because it doesn't work and it's stupid, 2) they suck and can't get by it so they complain.

Back to my first question, what about general tactics other than counter picks? also I wouldnt want to be above toon link either.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Squall seems pretty easy to punish to me, and if they aren't good enough to punish then it probably seems pretty cheap to others, so the reason people complain is 2 fold, 1) they want noobs to stop using it because it doesn't work and it's stupid, 2) they suck and can't get by it so they complain.

Back to my first question, what about general tactics other than counter picks? also I wouldnt want to be above toon link either.
lol. But yeah, I just massacre some people but when I stop doing it. I'm entering a local tournament soon, CGing and desynched Squall one the last one for me. It'll owrk again. it's easy money. lol

Binx

Smash Master
Hey man use it til it doesn't work, but make sure you know other tricks for people who can get around it, against less skilled players I don't even attack first when I play them because I know they will be over aggressive and I can just wait for easy openings, against intermediate players I have to play better, ect.

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
Only time I use squall is to approach with both IC's or desynch to let one IC do the squall while the other dashes in for a grab. I never viewed it as a very abusable move, nor have I ever had anyone complain about it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
We need to play corner-trap I'll show you how I play it.

Miller

Smash Lord
Back to OP

Against TL, what you could do is pick a stage with platforms so you can keep out of range of his projectiles, but remember, you have your own projectile, so use that to your advantage. Desync the Iceblock so there firing at a constant rate, he'll have no choice to stop what hes doing and retreat, or shield it. What your hoping for is the shield. If he shields, run beside and Ice Block with Popo after nana fires it. You and the Ice Block travel at about the same speed so you should beable to get a grab off. Nana will be a bit far behind so you might want to try a single Popo downthrow chaingrab to let nana catch up. (Only wait for nana at low percents because at higher he will beable to escape).

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Im sorry, are you ********?

IC cant win against able minded opponents with just CGs. IC have alot more then just CGs, like Desyncs.
Omg thank you so much. People need to know this.

But back to the topic: Are you two brother and sister, a couple, or just friends?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Im sorry, are you ********?

IC cant win against able minded opponents with just CGs. IC have alot more then just CGs, like Desyncs.
Which is what I do most. You people confuse me, I only take advice from Paxd, Hylian, and VV now. lol jk jk

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
Desyncs can lead to CG's.

Now, as for my questions.

1. Why does Nana remind me of Henrietta from Gunslinger Girl? :confused:
They look nothing alike. -_-

Henrietta :

2. Did the IC's come before super mario bros?

3. Why do most people not pick the Ice climbers, not knowing their strengths and CG's.

Chaco

Never Logs In
1.she is with a man (Popo+Nana= Pic similarity) and because she is his everything. Still cracks me up LaserBust.
2.?
3. Because their appearance, I know it sound dumb. But most people will not try them due to their appearance.

Top Bottom