• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

As someone who has seen a lot of Melee Marth, how do you use Marth's/Lucina's tools in this game?

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Is there anything i can apply from watching Marths in Melee? Is F-Air still used the same? How about D-Tilt? Is Side-B better this time around?

Xeylir

Smash Rookie
NNID
Xeylir
Fair got hit with a lot of landing lag this game, so SH fairs are out of the question. It's still a good move, but it's not as safe as it used to be.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
My bread and butter is full jump fair, autocancel nair, ftilt or pivot ftilt, or turn around ftilt if you read properly.

CitizenSNIPS

Smash Cadet
You can chase with fairs. Depending on how they VI you can follow up with more or go for a spike.

Bair is pretty nice. Good knockback and range.

I find approaching to be a lot more difficult compared to Melee. Nair and fair aren't too easy to approach with

Dtilt is good but seems like the range like all of his other moves are nerfed. Dsmash can kill and has some nice trajectory depending on if you hit at the right spot.

Crawfish

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1393-8146
if you short hop and fair fast enough you won't get landing lag, same with bair

Top Bottom