• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arrow Rain trick

Coffee™

I need it....
Actually i use it competitively, the problem is you guys use it at the wrong time. When you know someone off its better to chase them off unless they have ridiculous priority in the air. Rotating an arrow while they are somewhat away from you, IF YOUR ACTUALLY GOOD AT IT, Its a fast rotating hitbox WITH HIT STUN and you can respond to your opinion's moves accordingly. My favorite is arrow loop Fsmash... I do it so much its not funny, and if they shield they're basically asking you to grab them and combo into it.
Nothings really wrong with Arrow Looping if your talking specifically about that as it has its time and place.

Rogue knows that I use the Rain competitively, and at times it has helped me out. I use it a lot and it helps me iimprove my aim as well as using it various ways, such as limiting my opponent's movement options.
I've watched a couple of your matches and you're probably the best user of the technique I've seen but I still think its a generally useless technique. There are some times it will help you out but the extreme majority of the time you're better off simply attacking your opponent.

Goombaguy

Smash Rookie
The only thing I do with arrow-looping in a fight is to fire it straight up and loop it 3/4 of the way back to the stage so it's parallel with the surface. I think it's a decent tactic because by the time you should start curving the arrow, it's off-screen so your opponent doesn't really know if it's coming from the left or the right (from behind them gives them the least time to react, of course). Do that once or twice, and it sets your opponent on edge a little. It's a good mind-game; just fire the occasional arrow into the air and people tend to either stand around waiting to dodge it or rush in because they think you're vulnerable (as in, too busy thinking about looping the arrow).

That being said, I'm going to agree with everyone who feels "if you can 'Pit-style-wall-of-pain'", then do that instead. Or arrow spam, that works too.

Top Bottom