• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you Planning on Maining or Sub-Maining Pac-Man?

Will you be maining, sub-maining or neither?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

I'm not the most competitive person in the world, but I do really like playing like it. Give me anyone from PM and I'm decent with most people. But I have a lot of mains as well. With that being said, I plan to main Mario, Sonic Mega Man, and Pac-Man just to mess with people.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Mah boi Ness is my main all day er'ryday, and i'm contractually obligated for Villager to be my newcomer main, but I will definitly sub Pac-Man along with Mac.

Drexel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valk54
3DS FC
4527-9856-8570
I like the fact that Pac-Man is in. The fact about whether I'll main him or not is still up to question. I plan on trying everybody first before I decide who is my go-to guy, (Or girl), you know, see who works best for me. But I will say Pac-Man is in consideration for me along with a couple others I can't wait to try.

Number1MinunFan

Smash Apprentice
Casually I will be playing him often but the 4 Characters in my sig are the only ones im using in tourneys

Contact

Smash Rookie
This is a tough question to answer. In Brawl my mains were Zelda, Pikachu, Olimar, and Game & Watch. I could never pick only one. I also used Yoshi, Dedede, and Luigi with some regularity. Oddly, Luigi and Yoshi were my favorites pre smash series, so if I had any bias it would be towards them.

Thinking back to who I wanted in Smash after Brawl, Pac-Man was my #1 (outside of Knuckles, which won't happen), followed by Little Mac, and Ridley. I will try to main Pac-Man, but it really depends on so many other factors... for example, I wont take Mewtwo for granted this time around.'

SpatialPSI

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regent_EX
3DS FC
1091-7941-1344
I'm not sure. There's a lot of newcomers I want to try as well as see the changes some of the veterans got. As of now, my top 5 characters are: Villager, Megaman, Pac Man, Pit, Robin (In no particular order). Plus I'm hoping Ness still makes it in.

I'm really liking Pac Man right now though just because of his moveset. I was also feeling the music from his trailer.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
There's other newcomers/vets I like better, such as Mega Man, Sonic and Ike. He's on my list to try out though. Top 5 picks for this game so far are

1. Mega Man
2. Sonic
3. Little Mac
4. Mario
5. Pac-Man

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Yeah, I'll be maining Pac-Man, but I'll still be co-maining ROB, Mario, and Kirby. Pac-Man is the only newcomer I both like and want to main. He looks like a really fun character, and I'm glad he's using his Pac-Man World design.

Not many people seem excited about him though. His hype appears to be so much smaller than Greninja's and Rosalina's, which will make maining him all the more pleasant.

Last edited:

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
Plan on maining but I absolutely refuse to be another low tier hero.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Well it really depends on whether returns or who else they announce.
My 4 apocalyptic horsemen would be..
Wolf
Mario
PAC-man
Either Lucario or ZZS

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
As someone who enjoyed playing the Pac Man arcade game back in the day, I probably will give him a try. I already have Rosalina, Mega Man, Little Mac, Link, Ike and Lucina as my mains. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
I don't do mains, but, the combination of being cool, unique and likely not often used sure makes it a very interesting char.

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
The more i see and think about Pac-man i really want to play with him. Something about his happy face makes me happy, and it'll look even better when he's smiling while kicking ass :D I'll sub-main him for sure!

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Definitely. From the trailers so far, I actually like him more than Mega Man (my most wanted newcomer.)

Team :4pacman::warioc::4megaman::jigglypuff: FTW

Kos-MosPlushie

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kos-MosPlushie
Sub-Main at the least, Megaman, Sonic, Robin, Shulk, ZSS, and Lucario are the main people I'll be checking out as well, so he might be a sub, it depends on if I like the way he feels.

Vysetron

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vysetron
The Bowz will always take precedence over all else, but I grew up with Namco. The only thing I'd want to sub harder would be Dig Dug.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
There are too many characters I want to use already. I'll try Pac-Man out and decide for myself afterwards.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Pac is one of four characters I'm interested in playing in Smash 4 (along with :4samus::4megaman::4palutena:), but I can't really say who I'll end up maining; it could be none of those four.

C_I_N

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4527-9843-3785
PacMan Feels like a good mobile all rounder to fill in the Secondary category for a main like Little Mac with very specific weaknesses that PacMan doesn't have.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I never planned on maining Pac-Man. I didn't think I would like him that much from what I heard of him before release, but I tried him and he's just a blast. Climbed towards my most used character incredibly quickly. He's also really good and has a lot of tricks up his sleeve.

Maple42

Smash Apprentice
It's too hilarious hearing my friends' reactions not to main him.
"The hydrant, the hydrant!"
*Quietly* "Pew pew, pew pew..." (After spamming Galaxian one too many times)
*Gets hit with apple diagonally* "Maple, you really need to tell me how you throw items diagonally."

D

Deleted member

It's too hilarious hearing my friends' reactions not to main him.
"The hydrant, the hydrant!"
*Quietly* "Pew pew, pew pew..." (After spamming Galaxian one too many times)
*Gets hit with apple diagonally* "Maple, you really need to tell me how you throw items diagonally."
The hydrant will forever remain my favorite thing about Pac-Man.
It's just too hilarious to send someone flying with it.

Top Bottom