• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are there any workarounds to copying Brawl save data?

TopSecretZone

Smash Cadet
Hey all. Even though I'm close to beating Smash 4 on the 3DS 100%, I still go back and play 64, Melee, and Brawl with friends, however my save data for Melee and Brawl was corrupted. I used an action replay for Melee and downloaded a save for Brawl and unlocked all characters and stages right away just so we could play with everything, but over the last couple weeks I went back and re-did Classic, All-Star, etc and all Home-run, Target Test, Multi-Man, Boss Battles, etc stuff because I wanted my own records for everything and proof that I was able to do stuff like Boss Battles on Intense without feeling dirty or feeling like someone could look at the data and think I had to cheat to unlock everything.

The reason I even mention all of that is because I know the game can't normally be copied with your own records, and if it happened again I wouldn't want to download a save again that has everything unlocked but no completion records or data for all of the modes and challenges and I was wondering if someone ever found a workaround to that.

I heard Brawl data can be copied to the Wii U, could you copy it to an SD card from there, or does it work the same way? Is there a way I can mod my Wii easily without bricking it in order to change the "lock" on the data and let my copy it to an SD card?

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
Not that I know of, however I see why you want to back up your data and also wonder the same thing myself.
You could always try searching up for a mod that will allow you to copy your data... for some reason Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros. Brawl data cannot be copied. No idea why, but try searching up for a mod. Otherwise, try not to do anything that may corrupt your save file.

Top Bottom