• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are there any players/tournaments in Port Saint Lucie, FL?

In_3D

Smash Rookie

Elwin

Smash Rookie
I have a group of 3-5 friends in Jensen Beach that I play Sm4sh with fairly consistently. We're not amazing or anything, but we'd definitely be interested in supporting and being involved in a competitive scene for the game.

KrypticTFW

Smash Rookie
NNID
thefailedworlds
Sorry guys just go ahead and dis include me from this thread, I'm moving to Orlando tomorrow. Wish I could have done something with any of you :(

MrjetArtist

Smash Rookie
I might be going if I don't have to go visit family first. I'll let you in if I can later. Maybe we can meet up and have some friendlies.

MrjetArtist

Smash Rookie
It's official I'm going to visit my family in the north in a few days and I don't know when I'm coming back. I hope we can get a scene started sometime in the summer.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I play smash4 pretty competitively and have tonight just started picking up melee. I am looking for someone to play melee with particularly, but I'm always down to play smash4. I'm still a nooby to melee as of now but am going to lab it up. I go to the "smash hard" tourney for smash4 in jensen whenever it happens but I'm also looking to attend a melee weekly/monthly if there is one in the PSL/JENSEN/STUART area if anyone knows of one?

Last edited:

noname4505

Smash Rookie
I mainly play melee, but it seems like from most of these posts that people play smash 4 for the most part so I guess I can pick that up. Anyways I'm in palm city if people want to meet up somewhere to play melee or whatever. Also can someone link any tournaments (if possible) that are in the psl/martin county area that would be nice.

MrjetArtist

Smash Rookie
I play smash4 pretty competitively and have tonight just started picking up melee. I am looking for someone to play melee with particularly, but I'm always down to play smash4. I'm still a nooby to melee as of now but am going to lab it up. I go to the "smash hard" tourney for smash4 in jensen whenever it happens but I'm also looking to attend a melee weekly/monthly if there is one in the PSL/JENSEN/STUART area if anyone knows of one?
I mainly play melee, but it seems like from most of these posts that people play smash 4 for the most part so I guess I can pick that up. Anyways I'm in palm city if people want to meet up somewhere to play melee or whatever. Also can someone link any tournaments (if possible) that are in the psl/martin county area that would be nice.
That's the problem and also the purpose of this thread, there aren't any tournaments for Melee in the PSL general area. Personally, smashfests seem to be what we need to do first to get the tournament juices flowing.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
That's the problem and also the purpose of this thread, there aren't any tournaments for Melee in the PSL general area. Personally, smashfests seem to be what we need to do first to get the tournament juices flowing.
Yeah my friend said the ONLY melee tournament around this general area is 40 mins south of stuart, which for me is like an hr drive. A psl-area tourney would be awesome

LordFreezyPops42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordFreezyPops42
I tried talking to one of the TO's for the monthly Smash Hard about adding Melee and even Project M. to the games list, but he kinda of came off like he was against them or something? I have no idea why that would be a thing lmao.

That being said, I strongly encourage you guys who want Melee and/or Project M. in St.Lucie to message the group who hosts these monthlies for Smash 4 about adding the other two games to the roster. I don't play either, but I figure that the more games we add, the bigger our overall community becomes, which is pretty nice.

https://m.facebook.com/Grownassmenplay?refsrc=https://www.facebook.com/Grownassmenplay

Here is the page for anyone who wishes to push for Melee/PM

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I tried talking to one of the TO's for the monthly Smash Hard about adding Melee and even Project M. to the games list, but he kinda of came off like he was against them or something? I have no idea why that would be a thing lmao.

That being said, I strongly encourage you guys who want Melee and/or Project M. in St.Lucie to message the group who hosts these monthlies for Smash 4 about adding the other two games to the roster. I don't play either, but I figure that the more games we add, the bigger our overall community becomes, which is pretty nice.

https://m.facebook.com/Grownassmenplay?refsrc=https://www.facebook.com/Grownassmenplay

Here is the page for anyone who wishes to push for Melee/PM
I know the t.o. I'll ask them personally about melee.

edit: Just messaged them, I know the t.o. Allen isn't a fan of melee because he's not good at it, but I think if there's enough demand *which in our area, there definately is,* there's a chance it could happen. Will update with a response

Last edited:

LordFreezyPops42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordFreezyPops42
I'm ass at Melee too, but I certainly wouldn't use that as a reason to not introduce Melee to the lineup if I was a T.O. lmao

Good to know that you guys should be getting a Melee tournament at some point in the future.

If you guys live close enough to PnT, you could bring a set up and play some Melee there if you wish.

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I'm *** at Melee too, but I certainly wouldn't use that as a reason to not introduce Melee to the lineup if I was a T.O. lmao

Good to know that you guys should be getting a Melee tournament at some point in the future.

If you guys live close enough to PnT, you could bring a set up and play some Melee there if you wish.
I'm glad It's happening eventually <3. Since I just got into melee It'll be nice to have a local to attend.

noname4505

Smash Rookie
I've got off monday and tuesday if people want to meet up at PnT to play melee, idk if they have crts there so I have one if needed

MrjetArtist

Smash Rookie
Oh I forgot to mention this but I'm coming back this Saturday so perhaps the following week I can play melee at PnT.

noname4505

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna give smash 4 a chance and go to smash hard 5 this saturday if anyone here wants to meet up and the such

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I'm gonna give smash 4 a chance and go to smash hard 5 this saturday if anyone here wants to meet up and the such
Lookout for the BoysNextDoor at the tournament. It'll be me and 3 other guys. I'm dockman. Find me and say hi! :D

MrjetArtist

Smash Rookie
I went to Smash Hard 7 today and even though I don't play smash 4, I had fun. There was a friendly set up for melee too so that was pretty cool.

Top Bottom